Do you use an adjustable cheekpiece on your rifle?

Do you use an adjustable cheekpiece on your rifle?

• YES

Votes: 612 30.1%
  • NO

Votes: 943 46.5%
  • NO, but I really should!

Votes: 475 23.4%

• Total voters
It was about 2 years ago when I first tried one at first I hated it but after I got used to it now I love it and wouldn't ever want to have a stock without it.

Nathan

I just added a Karsten adjustable cheek piece to my rifle and love it. It is so nice to rest your cheek and be looking perfectly through the scope every time. I also think it helped me to shoot my tightest groups yet at the range today.

If one made from a brake pedal pad and duct tape counts as adjustable(I did adjust it when I made it) then yes I do. May look like Frankenrifle but it works.

I have 3 rifles with which I do my hunting depending where I am and the terrain.2 have classic stocks with cheekpiece's and 1 has a slight rollover. I bought the rollover as a try it out type thing,it seems ok. In montana most of my shots have been from sitting with a rest. in N.Y. off hand, I have been hunting about 35 years and am satisfied with my standard walnut stocks.

I just put on an Eagle stock pack. To bring the pack up for my cheek weld, I attached velcro strips to the velcro already inside the Eagle. I cut 1" x 4" strips and used the adhesive backing to attach male and a female strips back to back. I added 4 of these combos inside the front of the stock pack and 3 to the inside back of the pack. My cheek weld is now working and the velcro is rock solid for my cheek bone.

I really thought about getting a Karsten or Defensive edge, but I really like the fact that I can store an extra clip, range card and earplugs etc. in the pouch on the stock.:D

Most stocks are still built for factory rifles with the idea that sighting will be done along iron sights and yet 90 percent are mounted with scopes that sit much higher. For quick mounting and accuracy three points of contact are best: under cheek bone, pistol grip and forehand. Without these accuracy and speed suffers even prone. Does not apply as much for BR.

I am fairly partial to the Eagle Stock Pack. Not only does it help you get a more consistent cheek to stock weld, there is also a pocket on there to keep your range card for that particular rifle and anything else you may want to keep in there (bullets, allen wrench, battery, etc). My Kestrol will even fit in there. Pretty nifty stock pack.

I have an Adj HTG w/ tumb wheel. It feels alright to shoot from, but I'm not real keen on it. I prefer A3 or A5, and if height is needed I'll add a stock pack.

I do I built a REM 700 IN 300WM is one of My work rifles. Its my long range go too gun anything i do after 700yrds. its my baby. A good cheek weld is worth its weight in gold to me.gun)

About 2 years ago, i decided to have my sps upgraded a bit. 6000 dollars later, i had the stick ive always wanted. It included a bell and carlson a5 stock. The adjustable cheek piece has helped in keeping my eye to reticle alignment consistant and confortable. Helped improve fast follow ups. Go try onegun)gun)

I seem to have a long face. Most of the time I feel like I can not get my face down low enough on the gun. Large objective glass on tall turrets seems to align perfectly with my eye on a standard stock.

Yes, I use one and it makes a big difference in my shooting. Began using one years ago when I first mounted o scope on my AR with a heavy barrel and A2 stock.for long range stuff. The high stock with the lower scope felt good and my shooting improved quite a bit. Since then, all my rifles get adjusted for my optimum cheek weld.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.