Do you use a sun shade on your scope or not?

It's this thing people add to their guns to make them heavier and let in less light in low light conditions. It's usually the same guys that take a kill picture with their gun 2 feet in front of the animal with the focus on the gun and not on them with their trophy.

Everyone once in a while it's a thing to help keep glare off a scope during first and last light, used mostly by predator hunters hunting open fields. This is a small percentage and these guys aren't nearly as cool as the first group!
I don't think a sunshade affects light transmission at all, that is in the quality of the optic itself. Wasn't it 15 yrs ago or more that Americans started looking towards German glass for lowlight conditions? They were and for the most part still are a step ahead. Add in 34mm or larger tubes, more light.
I loathe scope caps, so I run sunshades on all target rifles, keeps some dust and rain out, also keeps fingers off the objective lense. They also eliminate some glare off objects, as the objective lense is not at the front.
Funny here, I have never heard a sunshade user belittle someone not using one, yet here we are.

milo-2, haven't you observed that with many folks there is only one acceptable way to do things….their way!

So……you need to "to the line" partner! 🤪 memtb
There are always controversies between hunters, target shooters, AR 15 guys, pistol guys, I guess I never imagined a sunshade being a subjective topic.
if you are going to lobby against something, gather the facts and have a logical argument.
I run sunshades, therefore I am.