Votes: 54 3.6%
  • I use an IPhone based cell phone to access LRH

Votes: 346 22.9%
  • I use another cell phone platform to access LRH

Votes: 25 1.7%
  • I don't have, or use, a cell phone

Votes: 92 6.1%

• Total voters
Where I live and shoot there is no cell phone service. I do own a cell phone but it's only used when I drive near "civilization". I have a 45 mile two hop microwave system to connect to the Internet and LRH. Why would I want to use a cell phone to connect to LRH? it's dangerous to read while driving.

MudRunner2005 said:
I would love to see an iPhone App for LRH...I too, would frequent LRH much more often if I had a direct homescreen App for my iPhone 4.

I access LRH almost exclusively from my iPhone 3GS using ForumRunner. Between ForumRunner and Tapatalk, I can visit 80% of the forums I'm interested in from my iPhone without having to suffer a browser with a small display.

This set-up works great for me, especially at home hooked into my cable modem via wi-fi. Even on the 3G network, the update times are reasonable. The LRH ads still show, but they're small and have no animation.

I'm a new member and still getting the lay of the land. I don't see the polls in ForumRunner but can link to them quickly through Safari. Since I don't use my computer to visit this forum very often, I don't know if I'm missing anything else by using ForumRunner.

Last edited:
I do most of my accessing the site from my computer at home, however occasionally during breaks or lunch at work I check in using my Android phone.

I have an iPhone and would access LRH from it if there was an App that made it easy to do so. Trying to read this forum using Safari with 7 decade old eyes isn't fun. As it is, I don't read the forum from my phone.

Fitch

I have an iPhone and would access LRH from it if there was an App that made it easy to do so. Trying to read this forum using Safari with 7 decade old eyes isn't fun. As it is, I don't read the forum from my phone.

Fitch
I have an I phone and access this site all the time.

Have a good day.

+ 2 on Tapatalk! Great app specifically designed for view and posting to forums on which you are registered.

I use it for another forum on which I am a moderator, and have to keep in touch (iPhone version of Tapatalk)... works well, you can even post pics from the field.

There is apparently a Droid version as well... I cannot speak to how well it works.

Apparently, there is a setting the admin has to make on the site for it to be accessed via Tapatalk.

YES
I use the IPhone G4 and use it mostly around the house and it works great. I have also used it out in the field and depending on reception and signal strength it makes the trip.

Bill

This has my curiosity up a little. I have tried a couple of different methods, other than the web w/browser to access this site and find them all to be very lacking. Is there a reason why you guys use something other than a normal type of browser and the web to view the site?

I like using a full blown browser on my phone as it lets me see the site as if I was using my desktop computer and I don't miss out on anything like with the alternatives. I will agree that the speed is slightly slower but I have no problems at all using my browser (Dolphin HD) to access this site as well as others with my phone and even on dial up I have no problem with it and like it a lot better than the alternatives I've tried.

I'll admit I haven't tried Tapatalk but isn't it a compromise compared to viewing the site the same way you would as if using your desktop? Also, anytime I'm around wi-fi it makes it just about as fast as using my desktop. I have Sprint as my provider and my phone is an HTC Evo.

So my question is: Is there something about Tapatalk that equals the experience you'd have with a browser and viewing the site as if on your desktop or does it just allow you to see small portions of the site?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.