Do you trust the fairness of Montana’s tag lottery system?

Troutslayer2

Serious question. What kind of oversight is in place? Are we sure that this system really is fair?

All lottery systems are inherently unfair. The systems used by "wildlife managers" have removed all incentives for such agencies to provide a service or product to those paying for those services or products.

Beyond that there is the issue of honest, or secure administration of the process.

No I don't believe the systems have integrity.

I know a guy that worked at Elk Foundation money raisers.....when he quit...he got an Oregon sheep tag for east Beatty.....oh..he was also playing the handicapped card.....got the tag..got special access...then walked out over the side of the hill and shot his sheep......
He'll yes there's bs going on there.....more than we know....
It doesn't help matters anymore when "a person has a tag" and there 20 rigs full of extra eyes out there in your area...
One tag...one helper....

The agency is pretty typically anti-hunter. This year they moved the application deadline for draw tags up from June to April and May.
I get the weekly email from them advising of game related news, I never saw anything on that.

I know a family that has money and they all draw impossible tags with stunning regularity. Very strange when I know people that put in for the same tags for 15 plus years and haven't drawn it. Then someone with money draws it numerous times and 2 years back to back? Yeah, nothing fishy there when the odds are well under 1%

You would have thought by now I would have drawn one of them, got max points on all 3 too.

It's run by the government, so it's perfectly run, very efficient, unbiased, system that is there to make rational decisions based on science. There's no reason to question them or their process, they are much smarter than we are.
We couldn't possibly understand this process. It's best to just trust that they are making good choices for you.

I've been wondering the same thing about Idaho's. Allegedly it's a true lottery, yet despite women being a tiny percentage of the license holders they seem to get drawn 10x as often. A buddies wife has been drawn 3 years in a row but is not at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.