Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?

• YES

Votes: 661 35.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1,226 65.0%

• Total voters
I am one of those people who do not like to practice and it is difficult for me to go and practice. Shooting competition is my form of practice. I am not very good at it but I show up and shoot my bullets and experiment with my stuff.

I shoot F-Class unlimited with my 7WSM and .260, and TR with my .308, and an occasional tactical shoot with my .308.

JeffVN

I shoot informal 200 and 300yd matches, 600yd IBS and I hope to make to a couple IBS and NBRSA 1000yd matches this year.
My year didn't start off very good, I got in a wreck on the way to the first 1000yd NBRSA match of the year at Byers, CO this spring.

Boss Hoss where do yo shoot at?

James

I compete at the closest IBS range to me and that is in Auora Mo. Will be going to an event or 2 in Raton this year as well.

I compete at the closest IBS range to me and that is in Auora Mo. Will be going to an event or 2 in Raton this year as well.
Thank you. I was asking because I hadn't heard of any LR matches in Texas.
How much longer are you going to let Christina woop up on you in MO, or do you not shoot Heavy gun?:D

James

Not yet, but am starting to think about it...

I don't currently nor have I ever tried, but I'm thinking it would be kind of fun and may start doing it sometime in the future. I'm just afraid I'll get really anal in my methods of loading if I start to do that which will lead to spending more money on the hobby and I have too many expensive hobbies the way it is.

I shoot 100/200/300 NBRSA competitions in the southwest region. Ben Avery is my home range. I shoot a custom 6PPC - McMillan/Bruno graphite stock, BAT SV action, Krieger 13.5 SS barrel, Jewel 2oz trigger, John Loh rings, and March 50 scope.

I have been competing for 5-6 years.
Won a handfull of events.

Trigger time is good time. Makes no differance is it's a .22 With the price of reloading components lots of guys are training with .22's.

With a 500 yard range in my back yard with reactive steal it's a good stress relief.

Yes if you actually do your reloading you will become more retentive...........but not to the aspects of Bench Rest reloading.

It's all good guys.

Stu