Do You Shoot Archery Competition?

• YES

Votes: 168 22.1%
  • NO

Votes: 592 77.9%

• Total voters
yes. Not as much any more, won California state 3D in 1991. Now just for fun

Bobz 7 Whether or not to shoot competition, depends upon a persons desire
to compete with other archers for a trophy. I still have the desire, but I have a much older body to work with. I can still shoot tight groups at competition distances,
but the full increment of a days shooting is something else. Soo, I too have
resorted to practice for hunting season.

1Hunter. I will be 70 this year, I just don't have the energy like I used to, my bows are set around 65 lbs. Last year I had a cow elk at 17 yards and let her go for I was by my self didn't. Think I could get her out there is still that satisfaction that I could have gotten her Bob

yep, its not a cheap sport. I have about $2500 into my rig and shoot 3hrs/7days a week over the summer. Hard work pays off though. Last year I tied a national record in practice and averaged 3 pts higher than one of the members of last years Olympic silver medal winning team. Unfortunately last season my breakthrough came after state champs and nationals once I made some major form changes. Hopefully next season I can get those kind of scores during a tournament.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to resurrect an old thread, this popped up as a poll so I thought it was fairly recent. Guess I was wrong.

Giff,

Looks like you have some serious desires, good. Tournament archery is
a different. It takes a lot of dedication, not only in practice, but in maintaining
your equipment in top shape.

Tournament Archery does not draw much in the way of a crowd to watch,
Personal satisfaction will be your reward. In the years I participated in the
Nationals and world tournaments. I signed one autograph. Participation
at that level was enough.

Have fun and keep them in the center.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.