Do you reload your own coyote ammo or shoot factory? Whats your favorite load?

I shoot factory loads, 223rem it's a 55gr v-max, 243 it's the 75gr hollow pt, i put one down this deer season with 168bthp out of my 308 at about 200yd, 30 cal entry softball exit on a neck shot. they don't tear deer up anything like they do dogs...

I shoot the new 90 grain Sierra Blitz King out of a 25-06 at 3300. VERY accurate and very much DRT.

From the sounds of it I'm getting a box of winchester 150 grain ballistic silver tips from my mom for Xmas for my 300wsm....wonder what them will do to a yote?

Wonderin what some 50-75 grain acceleraters would do out of the wsm...saboted .224 cal could be entertaining

I recently switched from .243 55gr nosler CT's 45gr of H4895 just a hair over 4000 fps and still held under an inch. I switched cause I burned the barrel up so now I shoot .243 80gr nosler ballistic tip varmints over 38gr of H-4895 and getting 3200 fps. Maybe this barrel will last a little longer. But I tell ya those 55's sure were fun using a point blank range of 2" I could hold on fur of a coyote out to 350yrds and was only 8" low at 400 yrds. And man were they ever explosive!!!!

I've been using Winchester 243 factory loads on coyotes. The 55 grain Ballistic Tip is an awesome coyote round. I haven't had a coyote take a step since I started using it. They just fold on the spot and if you're into selling the fur the results have been amazing. I've had a few leave holes up to a nickel when they exit and others barely leave a hole on either the entry or exit hole. And depending on the angle of the shot some don't exit at all.

I use this round in both a Thompson Icon Weathershield 243 with a 6-18x50 Swarovski with the Ballistic Turret and in a Blaser R93 which wears a 2-12x50 Swarovski Z6 with the TDS reticle in it. The Winchester load will group 1/2" in both guns and with the Icon I've shot a sub 1" group at 291 yards. I have my own range and it maxes at 291. The Icon with those loads is the most accurate rifle I own and that's saying something. Also by far the easiest rifle to shoot accurately I've ever owned.

I've also had very good results with the 243 Federal load that uses the 55 gr Ballistic Tip and the Hornady 58 grain factory load. The 75 grain Hornady is a good accurate load as well as the 80 grain Federal soft point. The 80 grain Federal soft point is probably the best buy for the money and is also a very flat shooting round that's big enough for whitetails as well. Wally world sells those for around $15.00 a box. Hard to beat.

I'm putting together another rig that's a Blaser R93 in 257 Wby that will have a Swarovski 3-18x44 Z5 scope with the ballistic turret with the new windage reticle. Still haven't picked up the scope but should have it together pretty soon. I've tried the 87 grain Wby factory load and it is also under a 1/2" so that should be fine. Still need to shoot it at the longer ranges and see how it groups in that situation.

I prefer to hunt coyotes over probably just about any game animal in North America. The damage they've done to the game populations as well as killing pets, cattle and other livestock is unbelievable. My home place used to have deer all over it. Now it's seldom that you see one. In the last month I've killed 3 coyotes off the back patio at night time using a spotlight. And I've seen a few others that I couldn't get a shot at.

My old favorite gun was a custom 243 shooting IMR 4350 with 75gr V-max at 3350fps, Shot over 200 yotes with that gun with excellent performance before shooting out the barrel.

The new barrel is a 25" Kreiger in 6mm Rem. It likes 70gr ballistic tips with a max load of Superformance at 3824fps. It is utterly wicked on yotes, allowing dead on holds to 350yds.

Both of these are very hard on bobcats, which got me to build a 204 also.

It is a custom build with a 23" Pac-Nor 1 in 10 twist. I haven't loaded for it yet but have shot 9 yotes with the 40gr V-max factory load. I'm not terribly impressed with them, I have had 2 splash hits on a rib and shoulder blade. I just switched to the 45gr Hornady factory loads, and have killed 3 more yotes with them and none took a step. Two were shot through at least one shoulder on purpose, and they still exited without much pelt damage. I want to test it further, but I'm liking it so far.

.22-250 using a Hornady 50 gr. FMJ PSP....pushing it with 35 grams of H4895 with CCI primers. COL @ 2.37". It's a slobber knocker.

I just use one load in my 6mm Remington, and that's the 100 gr. Nosler Partition loaded to about 3100 fps. It works very well and it doesn't tear up hides too badly. I don't flop around loads so I am not forced to sight in my rifle for each different bullet or load. This is also great practice to become ulitmately familiar with how it shoots and where I need to hold for different distances and conditions.

40gr V-max non-moly in front of enough Varget to push at a sweet spot of 4000fps in 22-250 Savage 116BV. 3/8" @ 100yds any day of the week. Just keep the crosshairs off the shoulder....messy!

55gr sierra hpbt 36gr varget.22-250 1-14 twist

That sierra 55gr hollow point is an underrated bullet. I shoot it in the 22-250 I have and plan to shoot it in the one thats on the way. Everything I have seen from the gameking hollow points has proven them to be wicked bullets. I have seen them in 4 calibers and they did great in all of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.