Do you Reload 410 GA ?

redbone

I need some help .

I am looking to Get In to Reloading 410 Ga .

Have you reloaded them before .

I was told that they was an Pain in the Butt to Get an Good Crimp on the End of the Shell .

Can you tell the Good Bad or any thing else about Reloading 410 Ga .

I Reload 12 Ga an 20 Ga know .

I am Looking to Buy an Mec 600 JR 410 Ga

What else is out there To Reload 410 Ga ?

I use to shoot a lot of 2 1/2" .410's shooting skeet. I reloaded tons of them on a MEC 650 progressive. They do require more time as they as so small that feeding wads into them is a bit touchy. And yes the crimps probably do not have as high of a percentage of perfect ones as 20's or 12's, but you will be fine with them once you get your crimp die set at the right depth. The good news is they take a lot less lead and powder so it is a cheap process once you have your equipment. I should add I was using an over-under and didn't have to worry about crimps hanging up in a mag tube either. Also I was using Win. AA hulls.

Good luck with your venture. .410's rock and when you bust all 25 targets you have earned a pat on the back.

Jeff

The 410 is really a lot of fun to shoot and cheap too when you reload. I have been reloading .410 for about two month. I started with the larger gauges, down to 28. If you can successfully load the other gauges you will do just fine with the 410. I use Alliant 410 and claybuster wads. Start with your own Win AA hulls and take care of them. I was surprised myself as i hit significantly better with the .410 than i did with my 12 ga. Thanks for sharing.

I need some help .

I am looking to Get In to Reloading 410 Ga .

Have you reloaded them before .

I was told that they was an Pain in the Butt to Get an Good Crimp on the End of the Shell .

Can you tell the Good Bad or any thing else about Reloading 410 Ga .

I Reload 12 Ga an 20 Ga know .

I am Looking to Buy an Mec 600 JR 410 Ga

What else is out there To Reload 410 Ga ?

find a Mec Grabber, and learn to use it. The trick with shot shells is getting the brass sized along with the star crimp (some are six and some are eight). Forget deer slugs, as they take a completely different setup that uses a roll crimp. I've never seen one for a .410, and the smallest I've ever seen was for a 20 gauge. I use a Mec 650, and a seperate sizer for the brass, and I'm not sure if a 600jr will size the brass.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.