Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

Do you plan to buy a new truck in the next year? Vote YES or NO - If YES, which brand

• YES

Votes: 405 27.2%
  • NO

Votes: 796 53.5%
  • Chev/GMC

Votes: 193 13.0%
  • Dodge

Votes: 125 8.4%
  • Ford

Votes: 239 16.1%
  • Toyota

Votes: 150 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 26 1.7%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Vote YES or NO

If YES, which brand (If NO don't vote brand)

Last edited:
You look'in for a truck Len? If so, maybe you could do a, "Do you plan to sell your truck this year....and what'cha got", poll. LOL.

Last edited:
As prices have gone up for vehicles and gas I have kept cars and trucks longer. I just purchased another (used) car. Now my wife and I both drive cars that get good milage. I am keeping the truck in the garage for towing and hunting.

Since i'm retired would like to buy a new truck but as money is tight will hold on to my 02 Chevy Avalanche with 58000 miles, it's just getting broke in.

ive had my 08 z71 ex. cab for 9 mounths now, ripped off front spoiler chasing whitetails around buffalo co. other than that no complaints, well mabe the gas milage. 20mpg???? maybe just the way i drive. just got a new 250 super duty for work, it about shook my fillings out runnin on interstate I94 yesterday!!

If you mean new new no, If you mean getting a newer one yeah probablly. Most likely a low mile 5.9 dodge cummins. The year dosent really bother me. I got an 01 and its almost hitting the 200,000 mile mark and hasnt given me a lick of trouble. Well I had to replace a master clutch cylinder but other than that. My dad got a new 08 duramax and its given him bad luck since he got it. Its been in the shop like 8 times in 11,000 miles. I know another guy that has the same truck and it is also giving him problems. Then again everybody I know that has gotten new diesels are all having trouble. wether it be ford, chevy or dodges new cummins. I am kind of a 5.9 cummins fan but thats just me. If I was to get a gasser then it would probablly be the tundra

If you mean new new no, If you mean getting a newer one yeah probablly. Most likely a low mile 5.9 dodge cummins. The year dosent really bother me. I got an 01 and its almost hitting the 200,000 mile mark and hasnt given me a lick of trouble. Well I had to replace a master clutch cylinder but other than that. My dad got a new 08 duramax and its given him bad luck since he got it. Its been in the shop like 8 times in 11,000 miles. I know another guy that has the same truck and it is also giving him problems. Then again everybody I know that has gotten new diesels are all having trouble. wether it be ford, chevy or dodges new cummins. I am kind of a 5.9 cummins fan but thats just me. If I was to get a gasser then it would probablly be the tundra

The change to the new particulate filter and all the fun green stuff that happened to the diesels really has them acting funny...all brands. I have not run across one with an aftermarket tune that didn't have issues.

As for me, no. My GMC is 14 months old. Since it is the Denali truck with the 420 hp vette motor...the dealership would want me to give it away in this economic climate. I bet I wouldn't get 50% of the sale price for it. So I'll be keeping this one for quite a while. Which is fine, I love the truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.