Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle?

Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?

• YES - Of course

Votes: 2,019 72.8%
  • NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me.

Votes: 755 27.2%

• Total voters
I am currently in the process having a SnipeTac338 custom built rifle on a Lawton 8500 Single shot action coupled to a .338 Lawton 32 inch 9.5 twist match barrel fluted Idaho 16 profile with CheyTac muzzle brake.
Fitted to the action will be a Jewell 1 to 16 ounce top safety trigger with a 40 MOA rail and Seekings rings.
All this will be housed in a Manners T-5A Thumb hole stock in Camo pattern .
Dies and cases from Viersco.

I like these loaded questions. And this one was good. Kinda like have you stopped beating your wife yet? Whatever you say you've been had. :Dgun)LOL
I hope 2 fire soon, my 25-06 new to me LRR weighing in at a mere 11.75 lbs.
Oh yeah on Monday, I acquired Browning BAR 300 win mag from a guy that "claims" to have shot 2 inch groups at 400 yards.
I have at least a 1 deer wiggle at that range and That would be too accurate for me and, therefore it will have to go.

Last edited:
Not a rifle but I have a custom Pistol on order 338AX from Kirby. Same thing just forgot the stock. Trying to save money( least thats what I told my wife)

I have a Rem 700 stainless ultramag action, but haven't got around to start the build. I keep buying factory Remington stainless guns, HS stocks for them , Leupolds, dies, brass and bullets. That the problem with being a gunaddict, can't say no to a good deal.:D

It's not that I do not want to, or the wife will not let me. Its come down to the under-utilization of what rifles I already have.

Ordered mine on Jan 7th from Corlanes

Defiance action in 300 win mag
Ted Gaillard 26 fluted Barrel
Robertson Predator Stock
Jewel Triger
Night Force 3.5-15X56 NP-R1

Turn around for parts is quick so should be at the range by June or earlier with it. Can't wait to see what it can do.
gun)

built my last one- probably have to do the next one. Just want to warn anyone who is planning to buy RCBSload programming...DON'T. You should spend the money on the $1000. wouth of manuals you have to OWN to use it! they now require that vice the nominal fee they used to charge for "updating" the program via the Net with a minimal payment for the additional books you want turned on. I had ver 2.88 and loved it....then I made the mistake of buying the upgrade to 3.00 them 3.36, each sucessively worse! thank God I saved the old version on my old hard drive and my old lap top so that I can access all those old manuals I use. I will now go out and buy at least 4-5 new manuals so that I can continue my 50 plus years of reloading. ****ed in ID.

I want to build me a new light weight 280 AI this year. I have started gathering up the the parts. I have a savage Action and the scope (Leupold VX3 3.5 X10,) bases, rings,go & nogo gauges. I need to get the barrell ordered in the next couple of weeks i just havent decided where i want to get it

Will buy or build a new custom rifle soon, after the disaster with the Remington .308 I am firmly convinced a custom rifle is the only way to fly.gun)lightbulb