Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle?

Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?

• YES - Of course

Votes: 2,019 72.8%
  • NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me.

Votes: 755 27.2%

• Total voters
Custom??....

Well, kinda, sort-of. Does a Montana 99 count? S/S short action 7mm WSM,
26" #6 Contour Light Target. Just ordered this weekend. She will be
matched up with a Richards Microfit Stock, Modern Classic Style, in
Camouflage Laminate. Will also be adding a mercury recoil reducer in
addition to a Pachmayr buttpad. In excess of 10#, not everyone's rifle,
but will well suit my desires! :D

Yes. New Remington 700 AWR .280 in the works. Sako 300 wm sittling while I think about how to make it better.

Am in New Mexico right now and am going to meet Dr Ken Howell tomorrow and get his 375 Howell barreled 98 action (octagon Marquart barrel, machined rib, front site, integral recoil lug and machined barrel band for the sling) that he never got to finish. Have several blanks of various wood types we are going to discuss. I will be so looking forward to completing this unfinished project of his as soon as possible as well as hunting with it. Have been a fan of his for a long time!!

7mm STW, 700 action, shilen barrel, jewell, borden rimrock stock, lupy
Rebarrel [Hart] Win 70 .270, bed, float etc
22-250, 700 action, hart barrel, stock undecided

Well depends on what you mean. I'm gonna have an 700LA cleaned up and gonna have a new 26" tube reamed to a custom spec'd 6.5-06AI and threaded on. Then I'm gonna bed it in the original stock with some Devcon. If I get some extra money later I may buy a new stock and have it professionally pillar bedded.

I'm having Kirby build a 300 RUM at the present time. Stiller TAC 300 action, Lilja 27" M24 contour fluted, Brown Precision thumbhole, Shawn's muzzle brake, jewel trigger and a NF 8-32X56 on top.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Lilja 30" #7 contour (fluted), 30 cal w/ a 10 twist. I guess I might as well order a custom action :confused: to go with the barrel, right? Maybe, I should also be looking at stocks.:D

I just bought,second hand, a 700 REM in 300 RUM. It is the Sendero model, 26" bbl, muzzle brake. Stock has been replaced with a Choate Plaster Master Varminter, loaded with lead. Must weigh 17lbs.!!EDIT((ACTUAL WEIGHT IS 19.5)) Scope is a 3200 Elite w/mildots....now I gotta figure them out! Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Richard from Wildcat Bullets is sending me out some of his nice bullets today. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it before I go for surgery on the 28th!!!
So, I had to vote NO, because now I need all the various toys-I mean tools- such as rangefinder, Kestrel, etc. to be able to reach out and touch some of those WT and MD that only show themselves at 8 or 900 yds.
Moose and Elk will be on the menu as draws permit.
A Siamese Mauser and a P-14 are on the menu for BOOMERS down the road.

archdlx

Last edited:
My friend and I just ordered matching 375 Allen Mags:

-Bat action
-32" Lilja "Allen 32" contour (stainless fluted of course) 375AM
-Aps 5 port slab brake
-Mcmillan A5 integrated adjustable cheekpiece in Desert camo
-jewell trigger

And other assorted APS goodies!

I plan on building a few

17JCS on a trued 700 with a single stack mag in a McMillan A4 with a finish at 24inch lilja 9 twist. oh jewel trigger

About to finish a 300rum, Manners stock, trued and sleeved 700, jewel bottom safety trigger, 8-32NXS, 28inch 9twist krieger, single shot. Custom brake

Another 300rum, A4 stock, trued and sleeved 700, 28inch krieger, jewel bottom safety, NXS, 28inch krieger 10twist, single shot, custom brake

6mm ackley, McMillan MBR stock, sleeved 700. I believe that is an 8twist shilen, finish at 28. will be my rock chuck rig. jewel trigger etc. custom brake

338-408imp, 36inch 1.450 krieger, 10.5 twist, jewel trigger, Stiller python action right right, McMillan bigmac with barrel block. custom brake

Stolle panda, 6ppc, 20.5 inch shilen, kelbly klub, jewel, Either a fixed 45leupold or a nightforce benchrest in 12-42. bench gun.

1911, just going through it to make it happy.

I think thats is for this year.