Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle?

Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?

• YES - Of course

Votes: 2,001 73.0%
  • NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me.

Votes: 739 27.0%

• Total voters
S

stljc2

Considering a 6.5 PRC...Just not quite sure who should build with what parts....But I'll figure it out.

Edit: Now thinking Defiance action, Bartlein tube and maybe a McMillen stock but haven't zeroed in and open to suggestions.

Last edited:
T

tbird86

No - but more due to lack of intended use the next few years than an actual prohibition.

ARlife4me

ARlife4me

LRH Team Member
The only reason I voted no is I build my own. If it were an option, then I could vote differently. I build my own and leave nothing to chance.

BillLarson

BillLarson

LRH Team Member
If I build one for myself, that would still count, wouldn't it? I would like to build a Rem 700 L/A (I have one) with an Accurate Innovations walnut hunter stock (have one in AAA walnut) and a #5.5 Shilen 9 twist SS barrel crowned at 25", chambered in .280 Rem. I want to put on a good set of iron sights; a knob adjustable aperture rear, globe front, no scope, finish at around 7 1/2 lbs. I am waiting to see how cataract surgery goes before I commit. I used to shoot match rifle and service rifle out to 600 yds and really enjoyed it. I also used to hunt with a Garand.

I notice that I'm using the phrase "I used to...." a lot lately.

Tom
I applaud your intentions of our forefathers shooting equipment...it is a beautiful traditional way to hunt.
HOWEVER...
Shooting in poor lite conditions grows harder the age.