Do you keep OEM rifle boxes?

Generally, used rifles sell for more money if you have the original boxes and paperwork. I have all the boxes for every gun I own and everything that came with the new gun. Sooner or later you will sell guns. Ya just can't keep buying and hoarding all the guns. LMAO
Says you🤪 Sell is a four letter word haha

If you buy custom, you get a case ;)

The only time I've ever shipped anything in for warranty work I ordered a Plano hardside case off the internet - the case came in a box that was the correct size, more protection than just cardboard that way, and more discrete.

Yes, every rifle that was OEM. It does make a difference IF you are doing a trade with LGS or even larger box stores. I think the box provides a sense of security to the stores plus when they sell it the buyer gets a more positive feeling. Just a new age huggie for some folks.

i did for a while just in case i needed it for warranty stuff. now i just keep 1 and toss the rest. got to the point i had a shelf in the garage full of them for no reason.

There was once a fellow around here that would pay $ 20 for any rifle box. Maybe a little more for a Remington. He would mar serial number and caliber if necessary to sell used guns as new to unsuspecting/naive folks. Glad to be able to say I never sold him any.
As for me, I try to keep the box if I bought new as I trade quite often.

If you buy custom, you get a case ;)

The only time I've ever shipped anything in for warranty work I ordered a Plano hardside case off the internet - the case came in a box that was the correct size, more protection than just cardboard that way, and more discrete.
Amazon.com used to a great place to buy these. Plano hard case shipped in a tight fitting factory cardboard box. Looked like I was shipping blinds or something similar. Very discrete and usually well under $20 delivered, from amazon. The last two I ordered from Amazon did not come in the factory boxes anymore. The very last one I ordered was shipped naked, with the UPS label stuck to the plastic case.

I've since decided to never sell another gun again.

To OP's question, I did keep the box for the last factory rifle I bought. Sako S20. It's too nice to throw away. Fancy box with fancy foam cutout for the rifle. I am sure I eventfully will toss it to free up space.

As a matter of fact, I do. Even the boxes for my Canon cameras and L series lenses. I also keep the original paper documents that came with each firearm.

When I sell them I can usually get more when I have everything even the original sales receipt.

When I worked at my LGS the manager bought a S&W .38SPL snubby. It came with the original cardboard box, all the documents and the original receipt. The serial number showed a manufacture date of the early 1970s. I asked him to price it higher than we usually do because we had all the extras. He bet me it wouldn't sell. The next day a man came in looking for a gun. I steered him to the snubby.

He knew his firearms and sifted through the original box which by the way was in near excellent condition as was the paperwork. The finish of the revolver was about 95%. He bought it without attempting to renegotiate the price.

With cameras, lenses, firearms, scopes...if you keep all the originals together in most cases you can sell for more than the current market for used.

I sold a Z5 Swarovski scope to a customer who had a trip planned in four days. He took the scope home and mounted it himself but had troubles. He couldn't sight it in. We asked him to bring the scope and the little tool that came with it. He came in two days later. When he arrived our assistant manager worked with him. He asked for the tool that came with the scope. He didn't have it. He took the scope out of the box and threw it away and it was hauled off the day before.

The little tool was needed to remove the turret properly and we didn't have a spare. They can be had by Swarovski but not overnight. Swarovski won't talk give you the time of day if your product isn't registered for warranty. Nor will they send you the little tool.

If you want the local gun store to exchange or refund a firearm you changed your mind on you have to do it in five business days, the gun has to be unfired, have the original undamaged box, all the paperwork and the receipt plus a 15% restocking fee or they won't deal.

Gun boxes, Colt, S&W, Winchester, Ithaca, Browning, most any firearm that goes up in value over the years, the cardboard it came in from the factory is worth saving. Box and paperwork could range from $25 to well over $500 in many cases!!