Do you keep OEM rifle boxes?

LongWalker

Getting ready to move and I still have a pretty good quantity of OEM rifle boxes. I used to make sure that I shot them enough to determine if there were any significant manufacturer defects. After that I would dump the box after a few months assuming it was unlikely it needed to go back to the factory.

For some reason apparently I was napping on the job and have better than a dozen boxes that I don't need. Every long gun has a dedicated soft case and/or hard case I'm thinking I can clean up my space.

As always appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Have by brother's Tikka box. Otherwise, no. Have given them all away or recycled.

Of the 30 odd rifles I have bought new, only 2 boxes have been kept by me.
A Remington box and a Winchester box, both still have those stupid locks inside them in their original packaging.
Both boxes were kept due to warranty issues….which I ended up fixing myself anyway.
For me, they have come in handy when moving house, wish I had kept more of them actually.

Cheers.

I have all the boxes rifles came to me in, but some rifles were purchased without boxes available.

Generally, used rifles sell for more money if you have the original boxes and paperwork. I have all the boxes for every gun I own and everything that came with the new gun. Sooner or later you will sell guns. Ya just can't keep buying and hoarding all the guns. LMAO

I save all boxes and packaging especially if it may be a collectable later on. I have purchased collectable firearms in the past and they are always worth more money with original packaging and paper work. I try to keep all my firearms in great condition so "IF" I do sell the new owner gets it like buying from the store. I don't use my wood/blued ones' anymore to keep them like new. All my "Runnin & Gunnin" are SS, Cerakoted, and synthetic so I don't worry about wear.

Recent Posts