Do you cape out your trophy or pack out the head?

I use to pack a WY saw,but gave that up years ago when I went 1/4 at joint route.Do all with good quality pocket knife.Pop head at joint too,and pop jaw off.I packed many elk capes out and sold,but market and price around me dropped,so dont do that.I get a wall hanger I cape,not hard to do,leave the ears and lips for tanner/taxidermist.Unless on long hunt then prep all and salt up.

I do a lot of caping each year. I actually try to do life-sized as often as possible. It's tough to beat Outdoor Edge replacement blades. They are relatively cheap priced, fairly light, and I can usually do a LS skin with one blade. A mtn goat with thick hide takes at least 2 hides for a LS skin. I've had Prihata's snap on me so many times and they are super dangerous. I always keep European skulls on all the game I don't have mounted so keep all skulls intact.

Cape out if on my back skull and cape if on the pack horse. Best pack saw I have used is an old uncle Mike's. Easily cuts skull cap through eye sockets and forward from back. Usually good for 5 caps then needs re sharpened. I have had mine well over 20 years.