Do They Still Make Kangaroo Bullet's

scope-eye

I use to buy these 6mm or 243 bullets they were 50 or 55gr they were spitzer points that came in bulk packs of 1000, I was at the range one day and a guy with a thick aussie accent saw my tray with loaded ammo, and said arn't those kangaroo bullets the best I asked him what he was talking about and that's what they called them. I have not seen any in along time and I can't for the life of me remember where I use to get them from.

Dean

Last edited:
I remember Someone also called them Zipedo's, these did not have the lines on the bearing surface.

Dean

Last edited:
Yes, Nosler SHOTS, came in 50/55 .224" and 55gr .243". Never seen a 50gr .243".
They were made for the Australian Professional Roo Shooting market, either 500 or 1000 piece boxes.
I use the 50gr in my .222 Rem.

Cheers.

391FAB70-E205-4BCD-B5D8-70D77EC7DB25.png

Of all the things that could be hunted is Australia I never thought Roos would have a market. I assume they are like hogs in the US?
Not really, all native animals are protected but Kangaroos are harvested by shooters licenced approved licenced by state wildlife authority paying per tag for good harvested. Under different buyers and conditions they are processed as per food or human consumption.
Most professional Roo shooters are self employed selling to approved buyers.
Roos are shot in the spotlight as they generally sit and are headshot.
Pigs and goats were introduced. Goats are mustered for export markets and Feral Pigs are mostly taken by hunters . I here pigs,Hogs are spreading out in the US, we have had them for 200 years and in some climates they breed well in dry areas they move on or survive as small populations.

I still have two 500 boxes of the 55gr 6mm.... used them in 6x45mm AR for predators. Nosler called them SHOTS and also mentioned they were Kangaroo bullets.

I had a box of them and my son shot the box empty! Great bullet and shot as well as the BT's out of my 700VLS .243.

Nosler shows them on their page but out of stock;
LINK: Nosler Shots

The Nosler SHOTS and Hornady Z -Max have also been available in bulk at bulk pricing rates. I've used Zmax not shots.
Roo Max are the only ones I have seen marketed as such.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.