Do Primers Go Bad

I have one compliment for winchest olin. They have more excuses than a 5 year old caught in the candy jar. They can't even keep their lies consistent. I've heard more excuses and bs stories in the last couple months,,,,,,unbelievably poor customer service.

I bought a bunch of old CCI primers at a yard sale.Some were made in the 1960's.
I contacted CCI,and the answer was to not use them when hunting African Buffalo,but they will be fine for most shooting.

I was going through some stuff in the attic and I opened up a box and found some metal cans of powder (4064, 4350, 4831, and FFF black powder) that I bought in the late 1980s. Also in the box was a whole brick of CCI 250 magnum primers. Now I live in Laredo TX, my attic gets hotter than the surface of the sun. 10 minutes up there you'll pass out from heatstroke in the summer. Anyway I examined the powder and nothing looked or smelled any different than the fresh powder on my bench inside the house. i was surprised at how fresh it appeared but I threw it all out anyway (too risky), but I took a few of the primers and loaded some dummy rounds. They all went bang, should have worn ear pro, they were loud! My wife came outside to see what I was doing. I ran em head to head with new primers over the Chrono, there was no repeatable difference or trend I could detect, so I'm using them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.