Do letters matter?

lazylabs

I live in Colorado.......which has gun legislation pending. I frequently mail my U.S. reps/senate folks and bitch about gun stuff. I try to sound logical and as respectful as possible even though I just want to scream at them. I have always tried to avoid local reps/senate just hoping they were so pathetic they would cause no harm. I am not in a spot where a all the local senate members are Dems and the only thing standing between common sence and MORE gun laws. I keep mailing them and asking others to do the same........ Do you think that I am just wasting my time and/or patience or helping?????? What do we do?

I've wondered the same thing at times. I think for the more liberal reps. we are probably just ****ing in the wind. They have an agenda and they are going to stick to it. Having said that, it is better to voice your opinion with them and let them know where you stand, and that you will be doing everything that you can to see them unseated when the next election roles around.

The more moderate reps. that are actually doing the job that they have been voted in to do are probably going to vote along the lines of the beliefs that they receive from the majority of their constituents. For this reason it is IMPERATIVE that we keep writing and we must be louder than the liberal ninnies who are also writing them.

For the Constitutional individuals in office who will support the 2nd Amendment we are providing support and added ammunition to support their stance.

In conclusion it is extremely important that we all keep writing. Writing letters to the editor using facts as support for your beliefs is a tactic that I have taken too as well. We need to try to inform the more level headed members of the sheeple to truly change things and keep them that way. It's time for Americans to wake the hell up!

Absolutely. I'm just about through my 45 buck roll of stamps. Got to get another......:)

Only one thing politicians understand and that is unhappy constututients, well that and a paycheck.

After all, it's just a job and ulike a job in the private sector, their job longevity is predicated on votes.

Look at Cumo in New York. The counties and municipalities in Nrw York for the most part are against inacting his SAFE act. That tells me that Cumo is a term limited politician.

No loss. and he can't collect unemployment either.:D

I know that I will keep contacting my representatives. Whether it does any good or not. I equate this with voting. Don't vote, and you don't have much of a leg to stand on when someone you don't like is voted in.

The next step will to make sure those that are "Anti-2nd Amendment" are replaced by someone who believes in the 2nd Amendment.

Yes they do matter.

I've written quite a few in the past month and a half. That is written letters with an envelope and a stamp, to elected officials both pro and anti gun; to companies who are located here in NY; to companies who may do business with NY State and municipalities.

Most but not all of those letters have generated a response in the form of a reply letter and in the case of some local and State politicians, a phone call. Everyone appreciates a well thought out and written statement or question. As expected, some respondents did not see things as I did. of those who didn't, most still appreciated the point of view. And I would like to think I had a hand in changing the opinion of one official who was somewhat anti in the beginning and lately is speaking more Pro.

Yes they do matter.

If someone has an interest in your opinion or your wallet, they need to receive a letter letting them know how you feel about recent events and pending legislation. Be strong yet polite in your wording. let them know you are un-bending in your opinion. Make sure they know your future choices depend on their choises, decisions, and or votes. Make sure your contact info is complete in that letter and it is neat and clean when you send it. (I went to a parochial school and this was literally beaten into me)

Our ability to exercise our 2A rights depend on both your letter and mine.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.