Do I need to bed this setup?

Just modified my order through Manners. I went ahead and added the mini chassis which they are saying will only add 2oz. if you subtract the stock material removed as well as bedding compound. Definitely well worth the weight. Thanks for all of your help all, truly appreciated.

Just modified my order through Manners. I went ahead and added the mini chassis which they are saying will only add 2oz. if you subtract the stock material removed as well as bedding compound. Definitely well worth the weight. Thanks for all of your help all, truly appreciated.
Which mini chassis did you get? You want to compare apples to apples. A mini chassis that includes bottom metal compared to a stock without a chassis but with metal, or a mini chassis without metal vs stock without...if that makes sense.

I have an LRH stock with M5 mini chassis, which requires bottom metal as well. I run Hawkins. Without my bottom metal, the stock is a touch over 40oz, which is heavier than one without the mini chassis (~32oz). I have one without mini chassis on order as well so I can run it a little lighter and use the mini chassis version for a rifle I care a bit less about weight on.

I got the M5 mini chassis without bottom metal same as you. I have eight months to wait so I won't know for a while. I just ordered the other stock from impact so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that order open or cancel it. I will most likely keep it open and wait for the email that it's done before I decide for sure.

Sounds like a good plan. Forgot to mention that one I have in order also has the 1/2" pad and the one I have currently has the 1" pad...that's worth an ounce or two as well

Sounds like a good plan. Forgot to mention that one I have in order also has the 1/2" pad and the one I have currently has the 1" pad...that's worth an ounce or two as well
Yup mine is 1/2" pad as well. All in all according to Manners, my stock should be right at 32oz. with the mini chassis and all. I'll let you know next year some time lol.