Do I need a moa scope base? Need help

QQQQQ

Need some help, wondering how much if any scope cant I need for my new rifle setup? I have a 300 win mag shooting 215 Berger hybrids with a vortex pst 6x24x50 ffp in moa. Brand new build that I haven't shot yet, looking for rings and wondering if I need a moa base? According to ballistic calculator need approximately 26moa to get to 1000 yards, the scope has 65moa total travel so 32moa up/down travel. Do i really need moa in my base?I like Talley lightweight one piece but they don't offer moa bases. I really don't want to put a rail on is there any other options if moa base is needed?

No, but to optimize your set-up, a 20 MOA cant is desirable.

I'm new at this so call me dumb but what do you mean by optimize? Some more info for ya, might not even relate to your comment but I want to be able to shoot 1000 yards. Probably won't do it a whole lot but have the opportunity to be able to. But don't think I would ever shoot past that

FEENIX is right, you should install it to be safe. I have seen guys with really high scope rings use up quite a bit of elevation just to get zeroed. Ideally you would have half of your scopes elevation left in your scope after zeroing. But ring height and plays a role, if your scope is two inches above the center of the bore, it will take more clicks up to bring it to zero...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.