Do I feel stupid

Red Sparky

Two years ago I had an elk hunt and two days later a deer hunt with my ML. So I loaded my ML and my older daughters ML for elk and we hunted both deer and elk with that load. No shot opportunities during hunting so I shot and cleaned my ML and my daughters and put them away. This last spring we went out to start shooting and I opened the ML box and did not have my powder measure, powder flask, short ball starter, cappers or any of the other needed devices to shoot the ML's. Now I felt really bad to replace all that stuff since my old stuff had a nice patina after 20 years of use. I did and we shot all summer. I had also lost a nice pair of binoculars a few years ago so after searching the house high and low for a few years I gave up and ordered a new pair.

You guessed it, loading to go hunting this year my younger daughter found the old binoculars I replaced and had received the new pair a week before. We get out to the hunting area and I open my hunting bag to load snacks, water, maps, etc. and low and behold there is all the ML shooting stuff I replaced in the spring.

Do I feel stupid now!

Not stupid! My field pack has collected a lot of stuff over the years.
1 is none and 2 is one

That's easy to do when ML hunting as their can be a lot more stuff to take with you that you need. I try and keep all my field equipment for ML hunting in a camo fanny pack which makes it easy to access and keeps it all in one place. However I find myself sticking things in my hunting clothes pockets mainly due to lazyness.

azsugarbear, wait til you're 50??!! See what happens when you hit the 60s!!! Sometimes I think I'd loose my arse ifen it twernt tied to me !! LOL .

"Sometimes I think I'd loose my arse ifen it twernt tied to me !! LOL ."

At 65 years old I've had that thought more than a few times the last few years, LOL!

I lost my rangefinder and could have sworn I used it at the range.

I bought a new one and then when hunting season started was surprised to find the old one in the pocket of my hunting coat!

I think that's required to find a lost something,right? Buy a new one to "replace " the lost one? Best way I've found to find something gone missing!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.