Do deer sleep....

26Reload

Someone asked this a while ago...couldnt find the thread....but this is direct evidence.....taken today in bottom of canyon below most of the wind...... 1114210920.jpg....
She was 300yds....and yes...eyes covered over by her eyelids....noozin'..
Little guy was chewing cud...like crazy....
I think this guy was asleep too...
IMG_20211114_115358.jpg...until I started bellowing at him.....475yds....
The little guy was eating too....his antlers about the size of motorcycle mirrors....
1114211118.jpg

I got up at 430am to get out to the woods...after three different hikes..i was ready for one of those naps....
But I put it off....
Had a great burger at a little backwoods restaurant every year I've come up here...(eat there multiple times to help support the locals) .....
Great little store...usually buy a new hat too....but none available this year....and my old one has run out of luck......

Last edited:
On a state park doe reduction hunt, I walked up on a doe sleeping. Its nose was still held high in the air sniffing. I was upwind of course. I watched it for a couple minutes from 10ft away. I pulled out my knife and was imagining the story I would have jumping on it and stabbing it to death. Kinda like a TV show would, I ran a variety of scenarios through my head of how things would go bad for me by doing that. I decided to play it safe and just blast it with my Ithaca Deerslayer. Still made for a cool story nonetheless.

Another time, 18yrs later, I had to crap soooo bad from the previous nights shennanigans (As a younger man I hunted hung over so many times) I climbed down and crapped 15yds from my stand. I tried making it farther, but the Mexican food and beers didn't allow. I climbed back up in my stand and 5 minutes afterwards a young buck bedded down 10yds from my steaming pile of Mexican food crap. I watched in amazement, until the wind swirled. LOL

Last year I put a 2 hour stalk on a nice buck that I watched bed down behind a huge boulder. When I got to it, I found it totally out cold. He was on his side, with his rack laying on the ground. This is where he was laying. He never woke up...
F1CE34F4-42B0-4928-B6D9-B7FC181E4BD7.jpeg
67DE00F4-364A-46B7-9E73-74505233770C.jpeg

On a state park doe reduction hunt, I walked up on a doe sleeping. Its nose was still held high in the air sniffing. I was upwind of course. I watched it for a couple minutes from 10ft away. I pulled out my knife and was imagining the story I would have jumping on it and stabbing it to death. Kinda like a TV show would, I ran a variety of scenarios through my head of how things would go bad for me by doing that. I decided to play it safe and just blast it with my Ithaca Deerslayer. Still made for a cool story nonetheless.

Another time, 18yrs later, I had to crap soooo bad from the previous nights shennanigans (As a younger man I hunted hung over so many times) I climbed down and crapped 15yds from my stand. I tried making it farther, but the Mexican food and beers didn't allow. I climbed back up in my stand and 5 minutes afterwards a young buck bedded down 10yds from my steaming pile of Mexican food crap. I watched in amazement, until the wind swirled. LOL
Now that's funny! 😂