Do Berger bullets require a different reloading style

How did the brass look when you removed the case, I have battled the stuck case issues recently but I had nothing to do with the die, I'm having to really size my cases as I run the HOT and my head spacing is a little long, I found two problems, one being when I start I clean my die and lightly rub some Imperial wax in it the the first case is way lube and the second thing was making sure my necks were well powdered inside and out. Some of my cases stuck in the body due to lube and the whole case would come out and some the neck would stick and break of the case.
I'm fairly novice also but I find it hard to think you got two dies that are bum in a row.
I recently bought a Redding S die and really like it over the RCBS.

I have the Forster Bench Rest® Seater & Full Length Sizing die set, using hornady one-shot RED label, with no problems. The forster sizer has the expander plug up higher so the case is more fully supported when expanding necks, to avoid runout like the RCBS can produce. They work very good, and simple to use.

I picked up a set of Lee dies today, got home read the instructions and got some brass out and they work like a charm. I was going to go with the forster, but was having a hard time with how much they cost and no one around here carries them. It will be interesting to see what RCBS has to say about the two set of dies I sent back to them.?? So I am back in the game, time to start working on a load. I have some retumbo powder and have ordered Ramshot magnum.

Stuck cases are due to either a lack of proper lube or improperly applied lube, nothing else. No brand of dies much matters and certainly no brand of bullets.

Every reloader should have a stuck case remover on hand.

My father inlaw has over 30 years experience at reloading and if he says something is wrong with the dies then something is wrong with the dies.

Maybe thses lee dies are not that good after all???? tried to start putting together the first of several loads, the bullet seated at 3.606, then the next 5 would not seat to the same depth???? I am about ready to just say to heck with it and shoot factory ammo. This is getting rediculous

Maybe thses lee dies are not that good after all???? tried to start putting together the first of several loads, the bullet seated at 3.606, then the next 5 would not seat to the same depth???? I am about ready to just say to heck with it and shoot factory ammo. This is getting rediculous

Measureing to the tip of the bullet really doesn't tell you much, It's more accurate to measure off the ogive of the bullet as that is what your seater die contacts to seat the bullet(in most cases). Also the quality of you caliper, or even the consitency of the way you hold the round into the tool will show often significant differences in measurement

Reloading really isn't that difficult, I've self taught myself most of what I know, if you've got someone with 30 years experience to show you the ropes you're way ahead of the game. Even with your present limited knowledge, you've probably already produced more accurate ammo than you could buy. Measure some factory ammo the same way you've measured your reloads, and I think you'll be suprised by the inconsistency of the factory stuff.

If you can afford $3.50 every time you pull the trigger more power to ya, if you can't, learn to reload or sell the rifle and buy a cheaper round, cause you won't shoot the rifle enough to become profient with it otherwise.

I can get a few thou difference in seating depth just by how I stroke the handle, consistency is everything, don't get to bent out of shape, you'll get it. Before I had a gauge that measured of the ogive I would take a good bullet, one that the tip was full length and not crunched or something, and use a partially sized case and find my lands then I would measure that and seat it how many thou of the lands I wanted to be and get the die set with one case and bullet so all measuring is done consistently. Once I got a tool that I could measure of the ogive then I felt I was getting good data and could set a die up by just measuring the first loaded round measuring of the ogive.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.