Do all rifle???

I think I replied to this thread...29 pages ago lol
A do all rifle is about happy mediums IMO. 600 yds to kill big game, to me is a 180-230gr high bc bullet at or close to 3k or faster. Pick whatever cartridge u want and what weight u want to carry and go hunting.

The key to hunting bear with a stick is to hunt in pairs and ALWAYS be the fastest runner. 😉

I used to tell my ex-wife always make sure you go hiking with someone you can run faster than for that same reason but now I don't think I would given her any advice. Haha

It's a great round but factory ammo is extremely scarce even up here in Alaska. I can get 375, 416, and 458 pretty much anywhere I go even with the short supply of other calibers (Anchorage area). Cost is another factor with 9.3x62, we can buy 2 and sometime 3 boxes of factory 375 for the cost of 1 box of 9.3x62.
I used to get Prvi Partisan (sp?) for ~$25/box.

These days with ammo scarcity, prices are pretty much the same for this compared to 375H&H and similar stuff. Being a specialty round, it is easier for me to find these days though in times past 375H&H was cheap and plentiful. Though Norma loads are pretty spendy they are available for purchase today.

Treeslug, my wife thought that was hilarious.....then asked, "how long will it take to get to New Braunfels"? 🤔 memtb
memtb: It is snowing here today in New Braunfels. Maybe I should drive up to Wyoming and she could beat me up while I am there. I know y'all ain't used to such terrible weather. I hope it made her laugh a little. I just made that story up. I don't drink scotch, and I have never been to Africa and heard lions roaring in the distance.

On the right day in the right place, the perfect do-all rifle just might have to be the one in your hands. In this case, it was a single-shot loaded with 22 longs and a cracked stock held onto the barrel with hockey tape.

Oh, and there's the perfect woman you've been looking to marry. But you may be too late.

Treeslug.....I was very aware that it was a joke. I pray that you saw my response as the same! 😋! Oh, warm and sunny here! Hopefully you survive the continental plate shift which has brought you the winter extremes! 🤪 memtb

Treeslug.....I was very aware that it was a joke. I pray that you saw my response as the same! 😋! Oh, warm and sunny here! Hopefully you survive the continental plate shift which has brought you the winter extremes! 🤪 memtb
memtb: I knew it was a joke. No one takes me seriously. I hope I added a little fun to the wife's day, and yours, too!

I just put together a Begara Wilderness Ridge in 6.5 PRC with a Terminator B2 break. It's over the 1500 ft. lb. mark at 500 yards. This is an awesome do it all rifle in my opinion. Powerful enough for elk and small enough to not waste meat on the smaller east coast whitetails. Almost no recoil at all.
The sd and bc on 6.5 cal bullets is what makes the 6.5 cal shine I can drive 124 gr hammer hunters 3300 fps with ease solid copper bullet placement is most important with any cal I can change from 6.5 prc too 300 wsm with a west tx switch lug in 5 min thats my do it all rifle

It's a great round but factory ammo is extremely scarce even up here in Alaska. I can get 375, 416, and 458 pretty much anywhere I go even with the short supply of other calibers (Anchorage area). Cost is another factor with 9.3x62, we can buy 2 and sometime 3 boxes of factory 375 for the cost of 1 box of 9.3x62.
Jlusk, I reload and the components for the 9.3x62 normally available and are reasonable. Also, Privi Partizan has ammo that is fairly inexpensive and is good enough for most medium game. Occasionally, Shooters Pro Shop has the good stuff on sale. I don't shoot enough to worry to much about ammo cost. I do worry when the components or ammo can't be found....like right now.

Do all rifle? At least for me a 280 Ackley fits well. An all around do all gun though? That has to be a 12 gauge semi auto shotgun. Nothing in the world that can't be killed with one with the right load. If I was limited to only one gun (which would be really terrible) it would be a 12 gauge shotgun. Ducks, doves, deer, elk, bear, everything. Just not as cool as a rifle.

Do all rifle, .277 7mm 130 to 150 grain bullet, going 3000 to 2700 fps would be my go to. Synthetic stock, good 3x9, see thru rings with open sights useable., mostly coated metal parts. Nosler Partitions or Accubonds are quite effective. Cartridge kinda like 270, 284, or 6.5 PRC, .277Fury?...

On the right day in the right place, the perfect do-all rifle just might have to be the one in your hands. In this case, it was a single-shot loaded with 22 longs and a cracked stock held onto the barrel with hockey tape.

Oh, and there's the perfect woman you've been looking to marry. But you may be too late.
yeah, I'm bumping this back into the soup. If ya haven't seen it yet; it is well worth a look.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.