Do all Bullet for 30-06 AI?

I think RL17 will do the trick, It will be a Laser
Side question regarding Absolute Hammers- any recommendations on powder to try for a 6.5 SS and the 109 AH? That should be fast!

Also for 7mm-08 any recommendations for the 119AH powders?

looking to shoot some lazers!

Side question regarding Absolute Hammers- any recommendations on powder to try for a 6.5 SS and the 109 AH? That should be fast!

Also for 7mm-08 any recommendations for the 119AH powders?

looking to shoot some lazers!
I would try H-4895 or varget and if case fill gets to you before you get were you want to be go to h 322 or h335 or some thing in those burn rates if you dont have those

Luckily I have about 2# of varget to try, only 1/2# of H4895 left. Nothing faster in hand so hopefully that will work.

will be nice when powder is available again 😬

180 accubond can produce 2800fps in a regular 06, expands well on deer and antelope but holds together well and drives deep for elk out to 600yds

look no farther...180 accubond is the DO-ALL 30-06 bullet an ai would be only better

in all my 06's they shoot the same as 180 Ballistic tips which have the exact same BC so you can shoot them interchangeable. Depending on how much your son likes to burn ammo the Ballistic tip is a inexpensive way to keep shooting while saving the Accubonds for your important hunts.

I like the Hammers too but cant afford to send a bunch of those off to college ...LOL
James
I concur on the 180 AB... I'd do either that or the 165 AB pushed by 4350 or rl22... It's a 20" pipe, so it'll act like a 24" regular 30-06. 2800-2900 with a 165 and 2700-2800 with a 180. Enough to get the job done for sure. If the rifle doesn't like Nosler, than run a Hornady Interlock and call it a day.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.