DIY West Texas Aoudad success with Desert Tech

Great thread here. Bucket list for buddy and I anyone got any recommendations for who to contact for access and diy hunt? Pm me much appreciated.

View attachment 139656 View attachment 139657
Had an awesome adventure in the mountains of West Texas. Good friends and I connected with 2 good rams. Literally laid them down within feet of each other. Both rams were killed with my Desert Tech SRS A2 in 6.5 CM. Both shot through the shoulder at 300yds with 147 ELD. These animals are notorious for taking a hit but the well placed creedmoor was good medicine.

Just purchased the SRS A2 in 6.5 CM. Need to get my scope for it. Will also purchas the 338 lm kit to go with it. What scope and rings did you get for your SrsA2 ?

Just purchased the SRS A2 in 6.5 CM. Need to get my scope for it. Will also purchas the 338 lm kit to go with it. What scope and rings did you get for your SrsA2 ?

i am runnin the nx8 2.5-20 on my A2 and love it. Fits perfect on it and looks badass. Love the glass and the turrets

Congrats on a couple of great trophies.

For those questioning the table quality, here's a good thread on the subject.

You've heard the expression "You are what you eat"? So are game animals. I've had AZ pronghorns that were really bad. They ate buffalo grass and sagebrush. I shot a NM antelope in a wheat field this year, and it is as good as it gets. Almost as good as Gemsbok. I suppose aoudad are the same, but every one I've shot has been good.

Last edited:
Great rams! Way high on my bucket list. Currently debating buying an A1 Covert. Am a little worried about the weight of these guns though

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.