Dissapointment In The First Degree

[ QUOTE ]

Hey POP what is the max range that we may shoot game without gringing your wrath down upon us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have been thinking about that. Tell you what... I will have a meeting with my 12 Apostles tonite and I will have an answer for you tomorrow ok?

PS. Promise you will abide by my decree? Only you though, anyone else can do what they want. Deal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pop, you missed the point. Probably won't see it. We all have out max range limit. You used someone else as an example of what you think is to far. Thats the problem. Have a great day. Happy hunting.

[ QUOTE ]
It would be great to have a lot of hunting skill AND shooting skill. But if I had to choose to have a lot of one and a little of the other, I would choose to have a lot of the hunting skill.

Ditto! BTW this is what i am talking about. I find it hard to believe that this person could not close the distance by at least half, on the dumbest animal in the world? Give me a break!!!

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=95929&an=0&page=2#95929

[/ QUOTE ]
Pop, I think you know what you did, no need to hide. I'm done with this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would be great to have a lot of hunting skill AND shooting skill. But if I had to choose to have a lot of one and a little of the other, I would choose to have a lot of the hunting skill.

Ditto! BTW this is what i am talking about. I find it hard to believe that this person could not close the distance by at least half, on the dumbest animal in the world? Give me a break!!!

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=95929&an=0&page=2#95929

[/ QUOTE ]
Pop, I think you know what you did, no need to hide. I'm done with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

And what did I say that got translated to thrashing? I said could he not get closer to the bison? I think anyone could.

This was NOT an attack on Goodgrouper nor was it personal. I just used the perfect example on what was being discussed on the other forum about long range hunting.

I know the man can shoot nor did I ever doubt his abilities...heck he has proven it time and time again. All i was doing is stating my beliefs on the subject and used the above post as an example. I am not hiding at all nor am I hiding my feelings, as you are not. The man wanted a shot a ta big game animal at over 1000 yards to prove to himself or others (I am speculating on his thoughts here---maybe I shouldn't) that he can do it. That was the whole idea behind the shot. Was it not? All I am saying is that if he wanted to he could have gotten closer. Could he not?

I just did not agree with it and still do not. Simple. There was no trashing or personal attacks involved.

Maybe I did not express myself in my post in a way where nobody else could get their feelings hurt.

POP, I will keep my personal opinions to my self, but try to clarify the feelings of some on this site.

The problem with your comments has nothing to do with your opinions on long range hunting.

The problem is with your timeing, and the place where you made your remarks.

Had you brought up your concern, over the bison shot, on this site during the original post, members would not see it as back-stabbing. It would have been an ethics discusion which is not allowed on this site, but it would have been motivated by your concern and respect for the animals we pursue.

You chose to go elsewhere and make coments detrimental to this site, if not directly, then by assosiation. This more than anything is what has people upset.

You were excepted into the fold, and some see your coments on the Nosler forum as a betrail.

Pop I mean no disrespect, everyone has range limitations, I may not agree with someones, or even yours. I may not agree with someones choice of caliber, or shot placement, or ranging method.

As individuals we all make choices we are responsible for. I chose to become proficient at LR, as many here do. You made the decision to post your opinions elsewhere, while referencing this site.

You could end this thread with your next post. Apoligize, not for your opinion but for the way your opinion was brought out.

To earn respect is to give respect.

Like I said in my previous post.

"Maybe I did not express myself in my post in a way where nobody else could get their feelings hurt."

This is where I probably messed up.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://noslerreloading.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=969&highlight=#969 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif 500 or a 1000.

By the way compliments on the long range 500 yd shot, it seems you were just as proud as GG. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

POP,

Now your not telling me you wrote this on teh Nosler chat board did you???

"Now I know that the 416 was not created fo 450 yard shots on antelope .... but being the radical that I am I love disproving popular theories!

Example: The load I used for the 416 WBY was 120 gr of RL 19 with a 330 gr GS Custom bullet. The GS Custom has a BC of .545 so at 3100 fps it has almost the EXACT SAME TRAJECTORY as a 300 RUM with a 200 gr HIGH BC bullet at 3100 fps.....with a couple of more thousand ft/lbs that is!

I know I think is a sick way but it is fun!"

So you will use a 416 Wby on pronghorns because in your own words "being the radical that I am I love disproving popular theories!"

But you are opposed to GG shooting a buffalo at 1000 yards?

Again, I could care less what you use to hunt with, hell I shoot chucks with 50 BMG rifles, I have no issues shooting a pronghorn with a 416 Wby but to say that what GG was doing was not hunting but to hear you say that you basically live to buck popular opinion........

Sorry but your talking out of both sides of your mouth on this one. I can assure you that you could have cut the distance to those pronghorns by another 100 yards at least. I am sure you do not feel that trip was a hunting trip, or do you?

Just stay consistant my friend, as long as everything was legally done and the animal is killed with one shot what else matters.

Remember what comments you have already made about yourself before you start poking sharp sticks at others, it will come back to bite you and use your own words to do so.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am PROUD to be a member of Long Range Hunting and I have learned a ton here and have met some of the best people that I have ever met here.Some I have met face to face,others only through the netand still others that I email and exchange phone numbers.They were kind enough to talk me through learning curves and for this I am GRATEFULL.I find it hard to understand what POP did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you taking this so personally. We just differ in ideology as far as big game hunting go. However if it makes you feel better I will seek some therapy. Man oh man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you take it so personally and attack those that hunt long range????

wow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have always enjoyed POP's post's, but this is a little dissapointing, just admit that you screwed up, drop your pride, and lets move on. Everyone knows that GG's shot was ethical. Heck with that size of vitals he could have backed up another 500yds or more and still have been ethical, so why does it matter....

ok I'm stopping, I wasn't going to say anything, but I was a little dissapointed. hope all gets back to normal soon...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts