Discreet folding carbine ar/ak encore pistol/folding stock rifle.

375rifleman

Would/Could a Buisiness Briefcase work (if it could/would how would/could I waterproof/weatherproof a business style briefcase). I would like to use a 16.5" barreled TC Encore rifle with an M4 Adapter sold by eabco with an AR-15 folding stock system and an AR-15 stock. If not what other options would I have?

375rifleman

That sounds very interesting. Choate i think, makes a folding stock for the Encore and/ or Contender. What cartridge are you going with?
Also check on the min. legal length for a rifle.

Thanks Axl, I have found the Choate M4 Buttstock Adapter For the TC Encore without the buttstock which would allow me to use virtually any AR-15 rifle stock possibly/hopefully any AR-15 Folding stock system. I'm also planning on using the 50 Alaskan cartridge with 750 gr Hornady A-Max bullet at 1500fps-1600fps out of a 16.5" rifle barrel with a twist rate 1 in 8 inches or faster. This is achievable with this cartridge/bullet/barrel length combination. It also doesn't really need to be overly discreet. I just thought that it would be amazing to have a fully assembled TC Encore (with the folding stock folded of course) inside a briefcase. I believe that the minimum barrel length for rifles is 16.5", I don't know off the top of my head what the minimum overall length for a rifle is 26-27"maybe (?), I also don't know the average length if AR-15 buttstocks are. But 26" overall length -16.5" barrel is 9.5" so as long as the AR-15 stock is at least 9.5" it should/would meet or surpass minimum requirements. As most AR-15 stocks are over 9.5" it should work. I don't exactly know what the dimensions of this system would be so I haven't began looking at briefcases or gun cases as if yet.

375rifleman

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.