discount for a military

zkodiak

Does any gun smith offer a price break for a gun build for the active duty people. i would love a custom gun but 5000 to 6000 grand is tough for us to afford and with a family plus i want to support one that is for the miltary

Dont know about a discount From a gunsmith but we here can help you get into a great rifle for a lot less money that 5 to 6k.

Alot of part manufactures will give you a 10% brake like barrel companies, scope and ring dealers etc.

Do you have a rifle now? If so we can work with that. What is you goal for your rifle?

Jon

Brownells does, so that can help you get the parts together (They've got Surgeon actions, triggers, bases, rings, etc). And Nightforce, Leupold, and USO all do. But yeah, $5K is way more than I'm paying for a complete spec rifle with just about no expense spared.

Also, Stiller Actions knocks $50 off the dealer price for you.

Last edited:
I do not offer any specific discounts for military but do my best to keep costs down as much as possible to get you the best rifle for your investment as do most of the smiths here on LRH.

Not sure but I am pretty sure that there are few smiths here on LRH that their average rifle price is in the $5-$6K range. Thats awful spendy.

Personally, $3000 will get you a pretty darn good rifle with 1/2 moa performance. Hell, even my most expensive rigs I build for customers do not get near $5K unless optics are included.

Simply put, there are several here on LRH that would get you a great rifle for far less then $5K.

Does any gun smith offer a price break for a gun build for the active duty people. i would love a custom gun but 5000 to 6000 grand is tough for us to afford and with a family plus i want to support one that is for the miltary
just a thought, but with a donor rem. 700 or savage action, you can do it yourself.

I use BERGARA "drop in" bbls, and CHOATE stocks to build varmint and hunting rifles that shoot under .6 5 shot groups at 200 yds. All you need is someone to remove the existing bbl if it's a remington, the rest you do yourself. Very easy, very fun, and VERY inexpensive way to get what you want.

and thanks for your service to your country !

What branch?
What do you plan on using this gun for?
mostly shooting from a rest? you plan on packing it around the woods alot?
how far you wanting to shoot?
I love my Remington sendero at 1k its a great way to get started.
just my 1 cent.
thanks for your service!
Retiredcpo

Just wanted to say thanks for the info the branch is the uscg we have been in kodiak for six years and love it uip here. I plan on using the rifles for everything here and we have to hike every where around here for we only have a limited amount of roads and most hunting we do a fly in so alot of hiking. i was going to get a gun ordered in decmember but a family trip home for my boys to see family was more inportant then a gun. so the place i was going to have make it raised there price a grand and thats out of my price range now. I plan on a full custom if i can i have saved my money for awhile to atleast once get a gun i really want. so i figure get one i can use for everything. And i know that both worlds wont happen with one gun. But maybe later i can get another one but the kids are growing fast and soon collage so im not to sure when that will be.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.