Discontinued: IMR Enduron powders.

Wow……this sucks. I believe we're in the middle of gun control without guns being on the chopping block. The ammo is what the treasonous ppl in charge of this country, in charge of major corporations, banks etc is going after. Prepare ppl this is probably going to get ugly this winter.

I read somewhere where the credit card companies are going to start watching what ppl buy and how much is bought.

Well not much of a conspiracy theorist, however this is the ultimate spin on gun control, Biden economics just give an incentive to general dymanic to quit making powders for gun owner use. With only one powder factory left we will soon be disarmed.
Doesn't most of the powder come from other countries anyways? I'm not political but wouldn't be easier to ban those materials or trading policies on the powder? It wouldn't be hard if they really wanted to.

I guess I'm confused why this turned into a huge gun control deal and I'm not trying to cause issues or problems but this line has what 5 powders in it? The past 2 month you could of bought more powder than the last 3 years. Shoot the past month could of bought enough n565 to last 10 years so there still producing powder. Idk not saying there is crazy stuff that happens but doesn't make sense to me

I guess I'm confused why this turned into a huge gun control deal and I'm not trying to cause issues or problems but this line has what 5 powders in it? The past 2 month you could of bought more powder than the last 3 years. Shoot the past month could of bought enough n565 to last 10 years so there still producing powder. Idk not saying there is crazy stuff that happens but doesn't make sense to me
Agreed. Too many are quick to jump to conclusions. I don't believe the Biden admin told General Dynamics to stop providing Hodgdon with Enduron powders, and specifically for gun control motive. It doesn't add up. The majority of those in positions to make laws, bans, etc are actually clueless about guns and how things work. They'd never think to go after the powder and primers to create gun control. They would, however, go after them for claimed environmental reasons.

It's all about money though and only being a few companies overall owning everything in the gun industry, they have the money to buy votes in their favor. The government is far more corrupt nowadays vs the early 1900s when the Sherman Anti-trust Act was enacted. I don't see our Congress doing anything now to stop the monopolies. If anything, they're trying to get a piece of it for themselves.

That's about as political as I care to get. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, yet I'm not naive either. Crazy things are happening in the world, but I truly do not believe a single line of powder being discontinued is a sign that the end is near. These are trying times, but all the components will eventually come back. Who knows what prices will do though.

Not sure why yet, as it was just announced, but Hodgdon will no longer offer any of the IMR Enduron product line of powders.

I can only assume General Dynamics (who makes the actual powder) can no longer keep making it for them. I know they used to make a lot of powder for Hodgdon and after they were awarded a huge defense contract they told Hodgdon they'd only be able to keep making the Enduron powders available to them. Perhaps they can't even do that now. It would explain why finding a lot of those powders has been extremely hard the last few months while others coming from Australia and Europe are still showing up here and there.

The Enduron powders are also made in Canada and it's possible with all the political mess going on up there it has played a part. That's purely speculation though.
Thank you for this post. This is exactly why I buy all of the total components I will need for the anticipated life of my barrel.

"An 8lb keg of 8133, in a typical cartridge suited for that burn rate, would last around 600-700 rounds. That's not that much if you practice a lot. It's certainly not the life of the rifle"
Let's not run off the cliff like a bunch of lemmings! If you have a 8# jug for a certain rifle load, you are good to go for prob life of rifle with couple pounds more.

Which is why I stated couple more pounds with it would get you prob down the road fine.

Not sure why yet, as it was just announced, but Hodgdon will no longer offer any of the IMR Enduron product line of powders.

I can only assume General Dynamics (who makes the actual powder) can no longer keep making it for them. I know they used to make a lot of powder for Hodgdon and after they were awarded a huge defense contract they told Hodgdon they'd only be able to keep making the Enduron powders available to them. Perhaps they can't even do that now. It would explain why finding a lot of those powders has been extremely hard the last few months while others coming from Australia and Europe are still showing up here and there.

The Enduron powders are also made in Canada and it's possible with all the political mess going on up there it has played a part. That's purely speculation though.
Nooooo!!!!!!

Big fan of 8133 and 4451

I knew this was coming. Too many milestones, and lack of any product have been predicting this.

If you think Hodgdon powders which all come from Australia are gonna save us, just wait until China attacks Taiwan.......

See how much and what if anything Hodgdon has to sell then. Sea lanes will all be closed except for Military priority.....Just my opinion.

Not the first time hodgdon made short runs of good powder. Ive drifted more and more away from their powders in the last couple years

This a blow not only to users of these powders, but to the industry. It means fewer choices in an already sparse marketplace. It will make the shortage much worse.