Disappointed in non-resident hunters

If you think for one minute your home state residents don't have an equal percentage of degenerate fisherman and hunters you are fooling yourself, and if you try to tell me that's not true I would tell you, that you are FOS!

Interesting coversation, ideal world we'd a better way to police issues like these. And, we'd have a fine to fine the culprits hard enough that it about brought them to their knees!

Like most I see it and experience it most every year as well.

Generally I hunt alone or with my wife and G-kids. But I do do a end of the road elk camp with a group of guys, we've been doing it for 35 years. It's our once a year get away to catch up, hunt a bit, maybe get some carne to take home but we mainly do it to see each other.

Where we camp there will normally be between 20 and 30 other camps. The challenge for me is when certain camps get into the bottles and then crank up their tunes to all times of the night! I don't go to them mountains to go to a concert, I go to enjoy some peace and quiet. Why these types don't just stay home and go to the bar is beyond me...to this I will add that in the 35 years I've been going I've never once noticed the camps that do this to be the out of stater non resident. Nope, it's always the in state people that are being inconsiderate of others!

Keep in mind that where our camps are the elk are not all that far away. The elk are generally always in there for the opener. But when people show up and do their site in at or near camps, ride their dirt bikes, crank up the tunes and even get out and hike every ridge in search of their opening morning elk it rubs me the wrong way.

If people would just show up, shut up and keep the noise to a minimum all would have a much better go at it the next morning.

I wouldn't go back to this place except to see the other fellas in the group, when I go to hunt for serious I'm in places where most just don't wonder off into:)

If you think for one minute your home state residents don't have an equal percentage of degenerate fisherman and hunters you are fooling yourself, and if you try to tell me that's not true I would tell you, that you are FOS!
The title of this forum is Disappointed in Non Resident Hunters right ? We are being flooded w/ Non -Resident Hunters in MT. in addition to that we are being flooded with out of state hunters that are moving here permanently, so now they can call themselves residents. Having said that, goldengun you are probably right because they brought their B.S. with them when they moved here. My guess is dogZ would fall in that category. If it weren't an issue then we wouldn't be on page 15 of this topic would we ?

Interesting comment (no need to Bertuzzi me) Tdeyo.............I did move to Montana 43 years ago this August. Moved here when I was 19, picked up all I owned which was some hunting clothes, a 10/22 an old Model 12 and a M77/2, 70. Oh and my $350 1966 Dodge.

So yeah I am a Native By Choice, I always love it when some jazzbo gets on their high horse because they were born in their home state and pull the Native bs. I always wondered what choice they had when it came time to decide where they were going to be born:)

Of course being jackazzes is a challenge in this world always will be and the world of outdoors is not exept from this.

Interesting comment (no need to Bertuzzi me) Tdeyo.............I did move to Montana 43 years ago this August. Moved here when I was 19, picked up all I owned which was some hunting clothes, a 10/22 an old Model 12 and a M77/2, 70. Oh and my $350 1966 Dodge.

So yeah I am a Native By Choice, I always love it when some jazzbo gets on their high horse because they were born in their home state and pull the Native bs. I always wondered what choice they had when it came time to decide where they were going to be born:)

Of course being jackazzes is a challenge in this world always will be and the world of outdoors is not exept from this.
Let me guess, based on your response, I would say SOCAL Transplant MT Wannabee. Bertuzzi me, jazzbo and jackazzes ? ? Cracks me up !! I might be wrong on the state, but definitely not on the mindset.

I would have to say this is been going on too long on this website about this one topic People from Montana think they own the state they want your money your revenue that comes from the people coming from out of state to hunt but then all they do is talk **** about the people that come and spend their money there in order for them to make a living off of the people that are coming there not everybody That hunts out of state Is a bad person or hunt with bad intentions Not everybody disrespects other people's property when they come from out of state You always get bad apples in a group It's just sad to see people talking bad about other people that want to move to Montana to get away from the bad realiti of things going on in other States like Washington State's yadel Oregon and other States that don't take care of their own wildlife situations I live in washington state washington state is a very disorganised and very horribly managed Everybody relax have a great day have a great rest of our year keep it in the 10 ring when you go out shooting

Let me guess, based on your response, I would say SOCAL Transplant MT Wannabee. Bertuzzi me, jazzbo and jackazzes ? ? Cracks me up !! I might be wrong on the state, but definitely not on the mindset.

Oh yeah, you're cracking me up as well thanks for the laughs. We'll just need to call it a night and let them get back to their thread.

All of this because you took exception to me saying the locals can be pia's as well.......enjoy you evening

That is why what I hunt flys and lands in the water.
Hello stump grinder education about hunting and the ethics there of should be taught but where ??? It will never be in public schools nation wide!!!!! Yes it was taught in my school but we were the exception!! Rural n. central Florida!! Maybe this forum can start a movement to get hunter ed back in our schools?? Just my rambling thoughts thanks Tribb

Ran into that in Idaho this year except it was a resident with a fire when we had a wildfire in our unit going on. Just some people don't care or dumb but assuming both
If in Idaho, chances are VERY high that they haven't been a resident for long. Too many ppl moving here. Tremendous lack of respect all around.

I started hunting Montana in 2000, and became a resident in about 2014 or so. became a major property owner in Montana in 2008, and involved with 3 business that employ 6 people full time. Presently expanding, and will employ and additional 2 people here shortly. Now I came from a small town that was less than 1000 people, 60 kids that when to school there 1st thru 8th grade, and high school 13 miles away with 390 kids at the time I was there. Now it's well over 320,000 people there, 9+ high schools now with about 3000 to 4000 kids per H.S. When I was a kid would meet up with other kids after school and go hunting. I started hunting at age 10, taught 2 boys to hunt, and reload. If don't think I wouldn't like to go back to days of old, think again. It's coming to Montana just like it did in California. There jacka** in every state, and more coming. As the saying goes "To Bad, To Bad". Got get off the soapbox.

I live in washington state washington state is a very disorganised and very horribly managed Everybody relax have a great day have a great rest of our year keep it in the 10 ring when you go out shooting
Amen!

I've hunted a few western states, and assuming a few out of state hunters are a bigger issue than resident morons is laughable. One more divide and conquer strategy that has allowed states like Washington to effectively mismanage it's resources.

By all means though keep at it until there is nothing left for anybody.