Dirty Chamber

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Greg Duerr, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Greg Duerr

Greg Duerr Well-Known Member

Has anoyone ever had a chamber that was a little dirts so that your Cartridge would not fully chamber.................I did .............have never had this happen before............EVER

2. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

Sounds like a LOT dirty

3. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

4OOOO steel wool....3 n 1 oil and a steel bore brush like for shotguns. Wrap the brush with the wool....oil it up good....stuff it in the breech and turn on the drill...

4. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

Good idea but make darn sure that you thoroughly clean the chamber and I would run a patch through from the muzzle end to make sure you don't end up with any of the wool left anywhere. Steel wool would not do much for accuracy if fired down a barrel.....Rich

5. MNbogboy

MNbogboy Well-Known Member

A chamber doesn't have to be very dirty (or the cartridges) if it is neck sized only..
    Proof is in the windy high desert country of most western states where the "gritty" dust in the air may cause the problems like the OPs...Another reason for FL hunting ammo...

Food for thought,
    Randy

6. Greg Duerr

Greg Duerr Well-Known Member

Randy...............................Great point I never thought about FL. I will make sure when hunting that is done.