Dirtbags steal deer head in Wy.

I figured it out , dang Smokey the Bear.Heeeee did it .You got too try too laugh too keep from crying I can't imagine someone taking a chance stealing your animal . Like Muddy said these guys where probably tracking hunters and that could get really nasty .The times we are living in we better be careful and aware of our surroundings, don't trust any stranger,especially on National Forest Land. I used too hunt Colorado and Wyoming every yr for a long time on National Forest Land but not now.

About ten years ago a very good friend of mine was out bow hunting with his 13yrs old son at the time shoots his first bow buck my buddy was a a hug stickler about shooting only 140inch buck on his farm and I'll tell you what he had some real brutes on his farm anyway gave the deer proper time to expire before he trakin it while waiting it out he hurd a vehicle on the county road same vehicle by the sound of it going back and forth he figured enough time went by his dad and him started tracking end results the deer expired on his farm but close to the road found gut pile and little tag notches and drag marks to the road and gone the boy them as devastated they had the target buck on camera while having dinner at the local restaurant a few days later waitress at restaurant said this is buck my husband took showed picture to them they new right away dad had paid a little visit to the gentleman he knew who he was a local the gentleman stated he saw it dead drove by several times and no one claimed it so what the hell I'll put my tag on it and claim it to be his he at this already had it at the processing location and gave it back dec contacted the gentleman was issued trespassing tickets and a few others the boy got his buck and a heck of a story to tell it scored high 150s I'll tell u the audacity of some people

I bet a lot of us over the years have had interesting discussions with similar encounters. Nothing lower than someone like this. Even snail slime is higher.
Years ago a senior Naval officer was accused of "Stolen Valor" I don't recall what medal he awarded himself but he wasn't even close. So yes they're out there. **** shame!

I bet a lot of us over the years have had interesting discussions with similar encounters. Nothing lower than someone like this. Even snail slime is higher.
Once upon a time, many years ago a girlfriend and I were hunting on public land in Southwest Wisconsin. It was around noon on a cold November day and I had to pee and it was hungry out. I left her sitting on a hill overlooking a huge expanse of brush and trees along a trout creek. I got back about half an hour later with lunch and she was standing looking intently at a spot somewhere near where I was standing. I went up and asked her what was going on and she said she had shot a deer. She pointed to an area next to the creek not far from the parking area and some 300 yards from where she shot. My question was, "Did you hit it?" Her answer was, "It went down like a rock." Since we were close to the parking lot on the way to find the deer we put lunch into the truck and went to the stand of poplars where she said the deer dropped. Almost needless to say, the deer was exactly where she said it went down, but another hunter said it was his deer. He crept up on it and shot it while it was laying there looking at him. Said the deer was his, technically correct since he shot the actual killing shot. I asked him to look for a 30 caliber Nosler Partition in the deer while he was gutting it out. We went back to the parking lot, ate lunch then wandered back out and took a stand on a hillside overlooking another large open area along the same creek. We were there watching this guy drag the deer out and load it into his truck. Then he looked up and saw us sitting up there, waved and started in our direction without a rifle. We set our rifles aside as he approached, no deer in their right mind was going to show up with someone trudging through the brush anyway. So he came up and asked her to hold out her hand, she did and he dropped a 30 cal nicely mushroomed Nosler Partition into her hand. As he explained, she hit the doe high and had broken it's back. That is why it was laying there looking at him when he saw it. When I asked him to look for the bullet it got his curiosity up and he searched and found the entry wound high up on the back above the heart and lungs. He dug it out and brought it up to us to confirm the story and her hitting the deer. Of course it was his deer but at least he acknowledged the fact that she had in fact hit the deer at 300 yards. If she had gone down to find the deer while I was gone she probably would have got the deer. When I asked why she didn't do that her answer was simple and correct, "I was taught that you don't immediately go and try to find the deer, let it lay and stiffen up and die." Correct answer but sometimes, especially when hunting on public land and you saw the deer drop in place, not necessarily a wise one. Doesn't matter later that day she got a nice 6 point buck with an easy 150 yard shot, again dropped in place. Not a wall hanger but pictures and bragging rights. Since there has been discussion on the .308 lately, she was using a Winchester Model 70 shooting .308 hand loads with Nosler Partition 165 gr bullets. A deadly combination.