Diminishing returns on reloading dies

These seem to be dies for advanced users and I'm wondering if it's something a novice like myself can utilize fully.

You most DEFINITELY can! I remember (not that long ago) being right where you are now. A great bunch of guys here and countless good videos (that I still watch over and over) really helped me figure some things out. Member "jebel" recommended a great video for you and I will recommend the entire series of Panhandle Precision's block of videos on YouTube entitled "Precision Load Developement". The guy doing those videos (Sam Millard) is very good at thoroughly explaining what he's doing and MORE importantly why. I've tailored my loading methods to mirror his (with a couple minor mods) and have not been disappointed.
You will also get A LOT of good, solid information here and it won't be wrong.....some member(s) providing it may just feel "more right" :D....and that's okay too.....we take this business pretty seriously.

I think the Forster bump neck bushing die is the best out there. It addresses the case exactly how I want. Bump the shoulders back like a FL die, adjust the neck tension via a bushing, and leave the body alone because its a custom fit after firing. All completed in 1 stroke of the press. Reasonably priced as well.

I think the Forster bump neck bushing die is the best out there. It addresses the case exactly how I want. Bump the shoulders back like a FL die, adjust the neck tension via a bushing, and leave the body alone because its a custom fit after firing. All completed in 1 stroke of the press. Reasonably priced as well.

Interesting... Ill check these out

I probably should have been more concise in my question. I was referring to having sufficient play of the bushing within the dye housing. Tightening the thumb screw on the top of the dye so a slight clicking can be heard when shaking the dye. I have found that the degree of bushing "play" can effect the run-out,

My first and only Redding bushing die was not a great experience, the one positive is that the bushing appeared to be made from metal, other than that it was a lemon. Hole for the neck was off center (inducing runout) and the wrong size. I changed my practices, went with Forster FL dies and haven't looked back.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.