digital scales

From what I understand, RCBS Charge Masters are excellent. No matter what digital you get, IMHO you also need a GOOD Beam Balance (BB) to check it against.
I have Lyman DPS II with a very accurate Digital scale, but I ALWAYS check it against with an Ohaus 1010, or RCBS 5-0-5 Beam Balance. Verify Digital, them check with BB every 10 rounds.
The Digital system warms up for 30mintues, and it is also an a UPS for voltage stability and every once in a while it needs to be recalibrated.

I use the higher capacity scale sold by UniqueTek. About $220, it's very consistent. It matches my RCBS and Redding bean scales but is much quicker.

I had this problem. I used a Hornady lock n load and it was terrible. not accurate and wandered like mad. I then bought a gempro 250 to double check the charges and do final adjustments. and these were finicky as well. was always having to check them against the pan weight and found they too wandered...... went through a couple of these. Found out I could throw a charge, and fine tune it in the pan of the gempro 250 with tweezers faster than the hornady lock n load could out out a charge which I had to double check in the gempro anyway. So the lock n load went away. my second gempro started to fail. was wandering so badly I couldn't trust it, I was living in an old house and think it was 'dirty' power. I scoured the internet for something new. figured it had been a few years and there had to be something better by now. Found a battery powered scale by smart weigh on amazon. 50 x .001 g accuracy. I wanted battery power to eliminate the dirty power issue I had. And the accuracy of course. The little pans it comes with aren't deep enough, so I used an old pan from an RCBS balance beam scale. I've been using it since August of last year and loaded hundreds of rounds. Still on the first set of batteries, And it hardly wanders! It's called the 'Smart Weigh Premium High Precision Digital Milligram scale. (has grain setting too) and the best part....... it was $38.99 CDN. that's $27.71 US. I had little hope for the price, but it's been the best scale I've had, EVER. and I've tried a bunch.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.