Digital powder scale ?

Oldschool280

hello, i have been using the scale that was supplied with my rock chucker supreme kit exclusively. I weigh every charge to the granule to best of my ability for every cartridge i load for. Am i leaving anything on the table by not having a digital scale? Do the little itty bitty ones offer anything over what i have ? Thanx in advance.
P.s it's not about speed. Its about consistency for me.

hello, i have been using the scale that was supplied with my rock chucker supreme kit exclusively. I weigh every charge to the granule to best of my ability for every cartridge i load for. Am i leaving anything on the table by not having a digital scale? Do the little itty bitty ones offer anything over what i have ? Thanx in advance.
Well, I did the same as you for 10 years and finally broke down and got an RCBS Chargemaster lite. I'll have to say that I like it. I did test it against my triple beam 505 balance and it seemed to throw the charge a bit light but quite honestly it was fractions (less than a tenth) of a grain and it did so consistently. So to make a long story short, I stopped obsessing over it and have found that results have been more than acceptable. This is evidenced (for me) by fairly consistent ES numbers below 20 FPS. IMHO if you pay attention to uniformity in you case prep, control your neck tension and all that other good stuff, you don't have to worry about + or - a couple of kernels of powder coming out of the powder tube into the pan. Load 'em up and shoot!

That's what I check my digital scale with⚖️, but honestly I've found no difference in accuracy between the two, as in all things reloading as long as you give attention to detail, its boils down to your personal preference

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.