Different Whitetail

Not even sure what that is

The coat is made up of both dark and light hairs, somewhat evenly dispersed.

In horses, a blue roan has both black/dark and white/gray hairs, giving a bluish appearance.

With red as the darker color, it's called strawberry roan.

Looks like this deer has the normal gray-brown deer color, interspersed fairly evenly with light or white. Mouse roan?

Gray from age? Genetic aberration? Who knows? Who cares?

Great looking, unique trophy!

blue-roan-quarter-horse-melissa-ahlers.jpg

Attachments

• bb0e2dfdfcf69c23b2dd7d8c415e0f55.jpg
    bb0e2dfdfcf69c23b2dd7d8c415e0f55.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 124
leucistic, it makes them like white or very light in color, but without lacking all pigment.
Yes .....kinda like a melanistic deer, which is missing most of its white color. I shot a melanistic doe several years ago. She was dark grey all over. No white throat patch, belly, tail underside. Just a little bit lighter shade of grey than the rest of her body. Yours is the first one I've seen that was on the other side of the color spectrum. Beautiful deer.

I'm new here but have been following for year's and wanted to ask a question. Yesterday I had the opportunity to take a very unusual whitetail. Some test are being done by aTm to give more information. Has anyone ever seen a whitetail deer like this?
I guessing she came from a high game fenced ranch. Looks like a Fallow Deer.

I honestly didn't check. I know the wildlife biologist that showed up confirmed she was a whitetail. He felt of her neck and inspected her tail and looked at a couple of other thing's. I know everyone ruled out fallow or exotic.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.