Different Trigger for an AR-15

wf330

I'm looking to get an aftermarket trigger for my DMPS AR-15. I have been using the stock trigger and would like something with a lighter and smoother pull. If anyone has any suggestions for a trigger they like i would like to hear about it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Single stage or two stage? I've used Derrick Martin's (Accuracy Speaks) single stage match triggers for years and have been very pleased with them. Durable, not at all fussy and feel very good. A couple years back I went to two stage triggers for my Service Rifles, and had them all fitted up with Gieslle triggers. Love these! Have one fitted to a DMR rifle, in addition to my competition rifles and they are outstanding.

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

I've got a 2lb jard and really like it. Buy from brownells.

I buddy of mine has one of these on his DPMS and it is one of the best triggers I have ever touched. The trigger on my factory DPMS doesn't feel like a two stage, it just feels like a rediculously long single. I don't care for it one bit and it's gotta go.

There are plenty of fantastic drop in fire control groups for the AR-15.

The standard AR-15 fire control group is not worth the price it takes to get a great trigger break. In order to get a great trigger break, adjustablility, and safe, out of a stock trigger is an expensive proposition. Re-cutting the hammer, sear, disconnect, and tapping the trigger for adjusting screws, and surface hardening and parkerizing and polishing run the cost up to a good drop in.

Drop in triggers already have the correctly configured angles and adjustment screws and safety adjustments. Well worth the price.

If you are wanting a great drop in at a reasonable price, you cant go wrong with the Rock River Arms two stage trigger. Works great out of the box.

I buddy of mine has one of these on his DPMS and it is one of the best triggers I have ever touched. The trigger on my factory DPMS doesn't feel like a two stage, it just feels like a rediculously long single. I don't care for it one bit and it's gotta go.

If you have a two stage, you might try sending it to triggerwork.net. I like what he did to my single stage.

I agree with Topbrass,for the money the RRA NM trigger is hard to beat. There are better triggers out there but it depends on what you want. If your like me and just hunt and shoot for recreation the RRA will be a good trigger,if you want to shoot competition you might want one of the fancier trigger setups.

I have the RRA 2 stage and it works great for me. Everything I shoot is under 0.75" at 100 yards from the bench. This is in an M4 carbine.

I have tried several different triggers for the AR-15, some people that are AR-15 HONK's just love a 2-stage trigger (why I dont know,but I respect their opinion).
I love a single stage trigger and realize that it is a bit problematic on the AR platform, but to me the JP trigger is the best (much better than the modulars like Chip McCormick and Timney).
also have a custom Sir Lance a LOT Newman trigger that is very good also.
B

Thanks for all the replies, i think im going to go with the 1-1/2# Jard Single stage adjustable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.