Difference in 30-338 Dies?

ishootkittens

Hey guys, Ive finally settled on a "standard" (not improved) version of the 30-338 lapua. I think I will have DECENT room in my CIP magazine to still go with the lapua cartridge over the norma. So here is my question.

I went looking for dies and I found a set of FL dies on Grafs but I dont know what the difference is between the 2 sets.

Graf & Sons - REDDING 300 LAPUA MAG FL SET 2-DIE CUSTOM, S/H #18
This link says its for a 300 lapua which I assume is just a 30-338 lapua

Graf & Sons - REDDING 30/338 LAPUA FL SET 2-DIE CUSTOM, S/H #35
This link is for a 30-338 lapua which I assume isnt much different (if any from a 300 lapua). It doesnt state that it is for an improved shoulder or long neck so that confuses me.

I basically want this build to be a "size-and-go" build with as little brass work as possible. Id like to size the brass and go. I talked to Mr. Viers from black diamond about this awhile ago and he sales custom FL dies that allow for the "size-and-go" route. If anyone has any idea as to what the difference is in these dies, please let me know. Thanks fellas

The 300 Lapua is SAMMI developed by Lapua. I would go with that. I have one sitting here and the Redding die box says 300 Lapua Magnum on the front. GREAT round.....Enjoy..gun).......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:)

The 300 Lapua is SAMMI developed by Lapua. I would go with that. I have one sitting here and the Redding die box says 300 Lapua Magnum on the front. GREAT round.....Enjoy..gun).......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:)

Redding finally got back to me guys, figured id update this thread. The 30-338 lapua die is strickly a 338 necked down to 30 caliber. The 300 lapua has a 25 degree shoulder with a headspace thats 0.031" shorter. Thats the only thing he gave me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.