Dieting for Mountain Training and weight loss

Elkbugle0

Cut out all added sugar and simple carbohydrates (white bread, white rice, etc.). Check the nutrition label on everything you buy. If a bread product, make sure it starts with Whole Wheat flour......not "enriched flour"

Rogue

As a Medical Professional, I agree with most of these comments.

Sugar and carbohydrates have there place but it's not in a daily diet. They should be avoided unless being used as a supplement during times of high prolonged physical exertion.

Fat IS a better fuel than either sugar or carbs. Yes, I know. Fats are from the DEVIL!!

Fats do not spike your blood sugar the way sugar and carbs do. They provide longer lasting energy than do the other two.

Cutting out sugar and carbs along with a health diet and a good exercise program, that you commit to, will help you!

In the end, YOU have to make the decisions to change and commit to it every day!!!

jdjtexas

Simply put, the motivation to loose weight or get in better shape needs to be personal. For me the need to be in shape for my hobbies is one side but the other is just trying to do my part so I’m around to see my kiddo grow old (Lord willing) and to be able to enjoy what’s put on this earth to enjoy. You don’t need to think of it as a sprint rather a marathon that last a lifetime. I’ve slipped and found myself overweight and out of shape before so I speak from experience. I am at my best when I’m physically active. I’m clearer in my mind and my enjoyment in the day to day is markedly better. Good luck and find that motivation!