Diet

Myers23

LRH Team Member
I also do CrossFit as often as my body can handle. Recovery is very important when doing this type of training to avoid getting hurt.

GREATSCOTT!

Lets talk diets and which/how you all diet to prepare for season.

We all know that we run, ruck, weight training, intervals, ECT. But I never see anyone talk about diet.

Myself, I'm not a master genius by anymeans. In my family genes, we gain fast but can lose 20lbs in a month by just running. So that part is nice.

I go through a yearly (really a monthly) weight change. During the summer months when I'm playing semi professional baseball I'll get myself down to the 190lb mark which is a good weight for me. I'm 5'11" and have a stocky build. I have to sometimes get XXL just so it'll fit my shoulders right.

But during the hunting season I'll get clear up to 220lbs (not even joking) entered January 1st at 228. When I'm hunting I'm eating a ton of food. Mountain Houses mainly for meals but also around the elk camp I'm drinking beer. Even though I'm doing 10 miles sometimes per day I still gain the weight.

Now with diets ive tried everything. Keto, Atkins, caveman, supplements ect ect.

Trying to see if there's one I havent tried that will help KEEP the weight off. Definitely tired of doing the same diets only to gain it back lol. And I'm also hitting the gym atleast 4 times a week. I try to do 6 but ends up being no less than 4.
For the rest of your life...
1 - Stop drinking alcohol, period. One sip of any alcohol STOPS all fat oxidization in the body for 24 hours no matter how hard you workout. Zero booze on the fat cutting phase. Its terrible for you anyways. You can't outwork drinking alchohol. You're wasting your time.
2 - No milk or creamers, its for babies. #1, Lactose (sugar) easily converts to fat in the body. #2, milk promotes inflammation in the body. You don't need it or want it.
3 - Eat less, move more. Pretty simple. Stick to lean cuts and veggies, nothing processed, eating six 300 calorie meals a day. It'll come off. Lay off the carbs for at least 6 months, you can add some back in when you reach or return to a level of athleticism. I eat no larger meal portions than the size of my hand. That's about 300 calories with a piece of meat and dark green veggies. Careful with the cooking oils, lots of calories in them. You can't outwork a poor diet.

Last edited:

YvonneGrant64nTr

I also try to eat healthily and exercise more. But most of the time, I cannot find free time for that and end the whole day at my desk with the computer.

Trending threads