did federal get rid off the trophy bonded bear claw bullets?

The Jack Carter trophy bonded bullets always had a bonded front half. Federal bought the rights to it and now has evolved into the tipped versions that we see today. The tipped trophy bonded and now the Terminal Accent.

It's been a while since they were phased out. My opinion is that the tipped version is inferior to the original due to variations of the polycarb tip as it has been molded into the bullet. I have tried to get loads that match the accuracy of the original and I haven't been able to do it.

I still own and use some of the originals, for bear and camp defense here in Alaska. I've never been disappointed.
But I've never used the tipped versions. If they expand reliably, I believe they will provide certain and destructive penetration. Dropped some big brown bear with mine, immediately upon impact, in .338 caliber.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.