Did 6.5 PRC obsolete the 6.5 CM only to be made obsolete?

And you can still buy fresh 375 weatherby ammo. I could have a case at my door in a week. New run weatherby factory ammo. They even still have more than one bullet choice.

Most people think the .378 Wea. is a little much.
Not to mess up this thread but I find the 375 Wea. round interesting, you can shoot 375 H&H factory ammo in it and the round is much like a 375 H&H AI. If Lipsey cranks out a Number 375 Wea I would likely buy one.

Accuracy life and recoil of the 6.5 RPM and the price of components plus the availability may be the deciding factor between the two.

I think mainly the brass price and good dies avail at normal prices. I think most people will not view any of the big 6.5's as volume rounds, the CM handles that niche as the 308 does for 30 cal.

Shiny bubbles.
Don't have either, and won't. Prefer the 7-08 over the 6.5 CM. When Savage starts to offer a 6.5 PRC in the Axis line, then there might be credence to your thoughts. However, they do offer an Axis in 280 AI -- why would I want to diddle with a new cartridge?
Marketing hype. Let's revisit the topic in 15 years.
I've never understood the issue of short vs long actions. Different geometries, very little difference in ergos (IMO), relatively same end result.
I can say that the savage axis & Ruger American accounts for a good 60% of rifles sold that's chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I think that's something that alot of folks on these long range hunting forums don't understand. And if the PRC or any other new cartridge would be chambered in a $350 rifle , that cartridge would gain popularity fast. It's not 500yd, 600yd or even 1000yd shooters that made the 6.5 creedmoor so popular. It's the average guy that wanted a rifle chambered in a newly introduced cartridge and didn't have to spend a lot of money to get it. That's what gains popularity fast.

The 375 weatherby is still supported by them. Yes it went away for awhile. Roy made the 378 and choked off the 375 to stop the easy rechamber jobs. But it was too good to die. I have a 375 roy in a rebarreled model 70 and I like it. In my mind it is the best of the 375,s. Treads close to the ultra and 378 yet if you are in africa and the airlines lose your ammo you can still shoot H&H in it. Try to find 375 ultra in africa. Maybe possible but H&H is everywhere.

The RPM looks pretty good. 264 win mag capacity in a rifle with an 06 bolt face. A remington or howa action with a good barrel would be quite a rifle. Long enough magazine so you could load longer.

Honestly, the 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5 prc, 28 Nosler, 300 prc are all a rifle manufacturers dream come true. I can't figure out why in the world Remington didn't jump on board with any any more of those like the did with the creedmoor.
I have 3 of those 4, luv them all.

Im so ****ed at hornady right now. Wheres all the brass and ammo. They dropped the ball on their cartridges. Or us on our asses. When i emailed them asking where all the prc brass was i got its all being made into ammo. Ok wheres all the ammo. Never again hornady.
Picked up 4 boxes of brass today

I own a creed and am trying with all my might not to buy a PRC. I have a 25-06 with a 8 twist barrel so its identical in performance to the PRC... Except I have to buy expensive niche bullets.

The recoil on the PRC is very light for the level of performance but of course still more than the creed. Barrel life does matter to me. Sure you can replace the barrel but I prefer to not have the added pressure of counting rounds when playing around with new loads.

I don't think it'll kill the creed though. The 30 wsm didn't kill the .308.
Go ahead get the PRC I did