Did 6.5 PRC obsolete the 6.5 CM only to be made obsolete?

Cartridges like the 243win ,270 win, 30-06, 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag, 308 Winchester & 30-30 all have very deep roots. Like the tree in my yard that keeps growing back when I think it's dead. And yes, now the 6.5 cm has grown some deep roots quickly. I'm not saying all of those cartridges are better than anything else in particular but there's so many rifles chambered in them out there in existence.

Cartridges like the 243win ,270 win, 30-06, 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag, 308 Winchester & 30-30 all have very deep roots. Like the tree in my yard that keeps growing back when I think it's dead. And yes, now the 6.5 cm has grown some deep roots quickly. I'm not saying all of those cartridges are better than anything else in particular but there's so many rifles chambered in them out there in existence.
To add to that, a lot of fathers buy their sons their first rifle. This is typically in an older cartridge that has sentimental value to them. Maybe their dad gave a rifle in that chambering to them or whatever. Example:My 35 year old buddy just gave his son a 243 win because that's what he got first. He even said to me I'd rather give him a 6 creed but we do 243s when kids turn 12.

I am not a huge fan of the 6.5 creed, but cannot understand the hatred, no, i guess know why.
But the 6.5 creed is the quintessential entry level case to introduce new shooters to LR shooting, if they are over 14 yrs old.
Plug and play, simple, either buy ammo or load for it.
It is not going away anytime soon.

I guess by making another cartridge "obsolete"; I am just talking about it no longer being offered in production rifles or not being made in significant numbers by all the big manufactures ( what is selling ).

I think the 270 win could easily be obsoleted by a new cartridge that releases in rifles with a high twist rate. 270 win having a 1:10 twist makes it a horribly crippled round. This shows in the bullets that are offered for the 270 win.

The 7mm-08 remains well represented in factory hunting rifles and not made obsolete by the CM. The 6.5 CM seems to me to be riding more of a "tacticool" wave than a hunting wave. It is a nicely balanced cartridge that does a lot of things well without much recoil. The 270 WSM did not make the 270 Win obsolete. The 6.5PRC is another overbore cartridge that will appeal to those who want to go long and fast. The 6.5-284 should be looking over it's shoulder.

I guess by making another cartridge "obsolete"; I am just talking about it no longer being offered in production rifles or not being made in significant numbers by all the big manufactures ( what is selling ).

I think the 270 win could easily be obsoleted by a new cartridge that releases in rifles with a high twist rate. 270 win having a 1:10 twist makes it a horribly crippled round. This shows in the bullets that are offered for the 270 win.

"...makes it a horribly crippled round."

We were on the Byers Canyon range near Hot Sulphur Springs yesterday (a place I highly suggest if you're visiting) with our 270s. My wife shoots a stainless Ruger 77 mkII. At 200 yards, she doubled the first 2 shots into one hole and landed the third centered at 0.5" of the hole. My point is, twist rate is one variable and until you dial in your load, it is not an accurate load regardless of twist rate and no caliber is "horribly crippled" while yet shooting and killing accurately. If twist rate and 600-1000 yard shots are the ideal, without the need to close distance, I guess I'd accept that if I see a Long Distance Hunting Fail forum, complete with images of shot off jaws or other.

Yah, this^. What happens at the competition range usually stays there. What happens when a good competition intended cartridge does finally get loose with good marketing to the general hunter/shooter? The Creedmoor. I don't hunt with anyone that knows what the BR cartridges, the 6.5x47 or 284 are, but half of them have the 6.5 Creed now. A few of them have shot my 6.5PRC and are hot to get one. All I said was it's like the creed, but faster and they were sold. They have no idea about the bolt face, barrel life, case capacity with a 156 Berger reduced in a short action, none of it. They are already ready for the "upgrade" oddly because they had such great success with the creed. It also helps that while the brass may suck, the factory loads from Hornady for both cartridges are fantastic. When shooting the 147 ELDM load for break-in and brass my ES was 7FPS over 40 rounds. Amazing.
As well as the br series of cartridges shoot, you would think that you would see some rifles on the shelves somewhere but you hardly ever see one.
Think about this the 6.5 rsaum or gap 4s, is one of the other caliber's that is booming. I built mine, and i love the gun for hunting, takes two minutes to change it over to a 308, 6.5 creedmoor, 6gt. using my wto lug.
Just got through doing load development on my 6.5 gap saum. I'm almost feel guilty for even calling what I had to do "load development". It just shoots. It's the least finicky cartridge I've ever shot or loaded for and I've loaded alot of different cartridges.

Built my 6.5x308 wildcat back in 1994. Known as 260 Rem today. Using the then Barnes 120gr "X" bullet it has taken several elk along with deer. My Savage 260 also , with the TSX. . Also my 6.5x06 with exact same ballistics as the PRC. Nothing magical about the brass case. Include the 6.5x55 . Before that my 338 mag when I was younger plus 30 cal & 7 mags. They have all worked & still continue to do so. But my preference today is the 6.5. Took my elk again last season with a 6.5 & a Hammer 121 gr bullet. Complete penetration thru both front shoulders. These copper mono bullets have changed the way I look at a cartridge . My elk & deer meat in the freezer doesn't know what cal I used or the brass case behind it. What mattered was a correct sight picture , a gently squeezed trigger which resulted in a properly placed , tough , deep penetrating bullet. Pick what ever cartridge case & bullet dia. you prefer & place it properly & you will be rewarded.