Dia de Muertos - Day of the Dead

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. Same happened to me with Tequila, then I tried Maestro Dobel 50 and I saw the light again LOL

Mezcal has changed a lot mostly the last 10 years, you might want to try it again.

Stay safe

I would certainly like to. Do you have any good brands to look for?

You stay safe as well!

Thanks for sharing. I truly enjoy learning about other cultures. As I get older I realize how small my view of the world was growing up and makes me appreciate learning about the lives and traditions and cultures of others.

How's AZ treating you so far? Gotten any bucks on the cams you have set up yet?

It is nice to learn other cultures and sometimes within the same country. My brother in law's wife is japanese and have learned a bit about her family traditions, pretty nice, and the food on their new years celebrarion, oh dang, it's awesome.

So I'm a huge fan of "Scorpion Mezcal Anejo" and Del Maguey Vida. I have not sampled the ones you mention. I really like Don Julio but I've yet to try Casanigos and Maestro Dobel 50. Are they readily available in Tucson?
Casamigos I have found at Fry's and Maestro Dobel 50 at Total Wine & More. I've heard of Scorpion, I'll get it so my wife can try it, thanks.

Casamigos I have found at Fry's and Maestro Dobel 50 at Total Wine & More. I've heard of Scorpion, I'll get it so my wife can try it, thanks.
It is good, not as Smokey as I would like but good. And has the scorpion inside.

Total Wine & More is in Tucson right? If so I will have to check it out when I go up there in a week.

My dad passed this year and absolutely loved Don Julio. I can't have it. Someone always ***** my pants when I drink it.

It is good, not as Smokey as I would like but good. And has the scorpion inside.

Total Wine & More is in Tucson right? If so I will have to check it out when I go up there in a week.
Yes it's just south and across the Tucson Mall on Oracle and Wetmore. Make sure its Dobel 50. There are several options but the 50 is ridiculously smooth.

Always admired your culture. Thanks for sharing it so intimately in this post.
Have heard said that no one truly dies until all that have them in their memories also pass.
May God bless all of us, our heritages, beliefs, and dreams.
Cheers! 🍻
Thanks Barrelnut and yes, may God bless us all.

Every culture has its things that make it great, and when you mix them all up you get some pretty cool stuff, and some of our cultures are already all mixed up together, sometimes we just dont know it.

It's believed that that's the case, as long as they are remembered they can still come visit us. Its a tradition that in a way is based on Faith that thats how it works.
Stay safe

Thanks for sharing that. It's impossible to separate our culture from our hunting or anything else we do. IMO, remembrance is the key to everlasting life.

How's AZ treating you so far? Gotten any bucks on the cams you have set up yet?

It is nice to learn other cultures and sometimes within the same country. My brother in law's wife is japanese and have learned a bit about her family traditions, pretty nice, and the food on their new years celebrarion, oh dang, it's awesome.
AZ is awesome near as I can tell. Getting a couple bucks on cam nothing big but good enough for me. Also looking at a backpack trip into the mazatzal wilderness for deer. Drew a archery javalina tag for January. I went up to spot on the side of the Pinals the other morning, didn't turn up any deer but did find a bear. Globe is turning out to be a pretty great town for us. Good restaurants, extra curricular afore the kids and affordable to where the wife can build her brand new dream home.

Recent Posts