Desert Tactical Arms, In Salt Lake City, Utah

mrussell

I just stated working for Desert Tactical Arms and was wondering if any of you have shot or seen their guns. check out Versatile Sniper Systems | Desert Tactical Arms they make a bullpup style long range snipers system. with a 60 sec or less barrel change over. look on you tube for the change over and watch him change it over. It take him longer then 60 sec but he is explaining the process as he does it.

Let me know if any of the long range shooters or snipers have shot one?

Thanks for looking....

I see this is pretty old, however, I just got my SRS. I have handled it alot but not shot it enough.

So far it is the nicest non custom sniper caliber rifle I have seen.

gun)

I am glad you like your rifle. I would love to get one myself but I cant afford one. What cal. did you get the SRS in? or did you get multi cal and barrels?

Enjoy,
Mike

I live in the area so you guys are local to me. a couple things is I don't like the idea of my custom reloaded hi pressure ammo going off right at my face. I think the guns are expensive. I also see no need for tacticool looking rifles and prefer function over looks. the guns are like 12 #'s they look like they would be horrible to have slung over your shoulder because of the float tube having all those mounting edges.

I really don't see the point.

The gun is real comfortable!

I first thought it would be uncomfortable when shooting and having to reach back and eject the spent cartridge, but when I was shooting my Antelope last fall, i was amazed at how quickley i was able to make a follow up shot and not moving out of my shooting position (Prone).

Yes the guns are expensive, but with a chassy that you can take and shoot anything from a .243 to a .338 LM and change it over in less then 60 sec is amazing! The price is not for everyone, but there is a hunter version that is much less.

On a design point, you have nothing to worry about on your high pressure reloads going off next to your face? On the stress analysis, it will take alot more then you should be reloading to? if you are reloading at that high of a pressure no chamber will be able to handle it!

As far as the rounds going off right next to your face, it is much safer to have your face on the side of the bolt then directly behind it like on a conventional gun. A failure will cause the bolt to fly backwards and I'd rather a bolt in the shoulder then a bolt in the eyesocket any day. We actually had a customer who accidently put 96 grains of pistol powder in a lapua case and decided to test it for us.

I just stated working for Desert Tactical Arms and was wondering if any of you have shot or seen their guns. check out Versatile Sniper Systems | Desert Tactical Arms they make a bullpup style long range snipers system. with a 60 sec or less barrel change over. look on you tube for the change over and watch him change it over. It take him longer then 60 sec but he is explaining the process as he does it.

Let me know if any of the long range shooters or snipers have shot one?

Thanks for looking....
Excellent weapons.

I live in the area so you guys are local to me. a couple things is I don't like the idea of my custom reloaded hi pressure ammo going off right at my face. I think the guns are expensive. I also see no need for tacticool looking rifles and prefer function over looks. the guns are like 12 #'s they look like they would be horrible to have slung over your shoulder because of the float tube having all those mounting edges.

I really don't see the point.
The "look" is pure function without consideration of looks.

That's what you end up with when you put function above all else.

As far as the rounds going off right next to your face, it is much safer to have your face on the side of the bolt then directly behind it like on a conventional gun. A failure will cause the bolt to fly backwards and I'd rather a bolt in the shoulder then a bolt in the eyesocket any day. We actually had a customer who accidently put 96 grains of pistol powder in a lapua case and decided to test it for us.
Exactly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.