Deleting a post

@Chris I see where the having the ability to delete peoples post in a thread by the original poster could get problematic when not used properly.

however - for people using the tools for wanted/classified ad's it was actually a VERY helpful feature. especially when forum users would post their personal information or questions/comments not pertaining to the sale ad.

maybe admins can change it to structure the editing tools for OP's only in for sale ads?

its to the point now with the new changes that users can no longer edit their classifieds, change title of thread, mark as sold, etc. -- -- BIG downgrade!

@Chris I see where the having the ability to delete peoples post in a thread by the original poster could get problematic when not used properly.

however - for people using the tools for wanted/classified ad's it was actually a VERY helpful feature. especially when forum users would post their personal information or questions/comments not pertaining to the sale ad.

maybe admins can change it to structure the editing tools for OP's only in for sale ads?

its to the point now with the new changes that users can no longer edit their classifieds, change title of thread, mark as sold, etc. -- -- BIG downgrade!
It's all a work in progress.

Hello Len.

I have a question. I posted on a thread, and the OP threatened to delete my post. Is this possible for a member to do this ?

There was no derogatory remarks or bad language and my post was an effort to help prevent the OP from over stressing a cartridge case and possibly injure him self.

I know that inappropriate or adversarial post can and should be deleted. But post that may not agree with someone else, But based on their experience is the main reason for posting questions in the first place.

It is my opinion that members should not be aloud to alter the thread just because they don't agree. Only you or your representative should in my opinion

Not targeting anyone just wanted to know if this was possible because there have been several post that have been deleted and normally you note why.

Thanks
Jerry @ J E CUSTOM

GEEZ! Jerry, you'd be one of the last people that anyone should consider deleting. I have been following your posts for many years now, and you have been very respectful to the forum at large.

Ed

Agreed! I remember the issue you are referring to per our PMs. I know I have deleted offensive posts on my OPs before but it's all about discretion, keeping the thread conducive to learning and knowledge sharing. It gives us the ability to self-police since Admins/Moderators cannot monitor all the posts.

It is also would be nice for the OP to lock his own post when the query has been answered. On another site, there is a forum that after 10 responses, if the Moderator feels it has been answered it is automatically locked.

Just a thought for site owners/Admins consideration. Thank you for keeping this site one of the best. Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.