Deleting a post

J E Custom

Hello Len.

I have a question. I posted on a thread, and the OP threatened to delete my post. Is this possible for a member to do this ?

There was no derogatory remarks or bad language and my post was an effort to help prevent the OP from over stressing a cartridge case and possibly injure him self.

I know that inappropriate or adversarial post can and should be deleted. But post that may not agree with someone else, But based on their experience is the main reason for posting questions in the first place.

It is my opinion that members should not be aloud to alter the thread just because they don't agree. Only you or your representative should in my opinion

Not targeting anyone just wanted to know if this was possible because there have been several post that have been deleted and normally you note why.

Thanks
Jerry @ J E CUSTOM

Try it out for yourself, I know on at least one of my threads I can.

Can you delete mine?

A couple of us got deleted for obscure reasons. OP asked for lots of comments, and then found a delete button I didn't and still don't know where its located.

He has referred back to his original question a couple of times, and rereading the question doesn't support his position.

When I see a poster quiet for so many years come in with such antics, I suspect hacking, and trolling.

J E, I've read most of your posts.
I suggest you look into the ignore button, it's going serve you better than the delete button.
Always appreciate your posts, doesn't matter if I agree with them or not, they are always respectful.
There are more and more armchair quarterbacks, I won't name names, but they aren't hard to find.

J E, I've read most of your posts.
I suggest you look into the ignore button, it's going serve you better than the delete button.
Always appreciate your posts, doesn't matter if I agree with them or not, they are always respectful.
There are more and more armchair quarterbacks, I won't name names, but they aren't hard to find.

Thanks . I actually like apposing positions because they give me an option that I may have not thought of. I would hate to see this kind of censoring from someone I don't even know and don't realize that they are the one that looses.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Can you link the thread? I may be able to restore the posts.

Thank you Chris.
It is not my website and I feel I don't have a right to delete anything but My own post.

That is and has been the Administrators or Len's right and it has worked very well since I joined
back in 2004 and has been the one constant that has made this the best site for those that like to do what we do and enjoy hearing opinions and experiences from all the members

Again , Thanks Chris 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

J E CUSTOM

Here is the thread Chris.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.