Definitely don’t want to zero with a magnetospeed!

It's a geometry thing fellas. You ever see the pressure wave coming off the tip of a bullet in high speed photography? What do you suppose happens if the bayonet is close enough to the bullet's path to reflect that wave back into the bullet? Try this....put the bayonet on top of the barrel and tell me where your bullet goes. Longer, slower bullets catch that reflection more readily of course. Geometry.
Then why do some say it doesn't change their poi and other do? If it is basic geometry, shouldn't it be the same regardless of barrel size? Bullet types would vary.

I have never understood why you would shoot groups with a Magneto Speed attached in the first place. We use it to get the numbers then remove it for shooting groups
We have one that we use on our Bartlein MTU contour which is a heavy barrel & it doesn't affect the POI much at all.
I wanted to see the speed of the bullet :)

Then why do some say it doesn't change their poi and other do? If it is basic geometry, shouldn't it be the same regardless of barrel size? Bullet types would vary.
Because it isn't just geometry, is a combination, of physics, conditions, aerodynamics, bullet variances powder inconsistency....a lot of variables.

Because it isn't just geometry, is a combination, of physics, conditions, aerodynamics, bullet variances powder inconsistency....a lot of variables.
So is all of shooting, but it doesn't make sense that something that weighs so little and has so little surface area under the barrel would cause such a shift. I'm no fighter pilot though :)

well ya anything that attachs to your barrel will shift your zero when I do loads and vel I use the stock attachment set up so my magnetospeed is not hook to my barrel
I'm curious about the stock attachment you mentioned. I was not aware of one. Can you help me out and tell me what to look for and how it works?

Mine shifts 2.5 MOA with it attached.

Several companies make adapter arms so it can attach to the handgaurd, which should help. My issue with that, the bullet still passes through the magnetic field and over the bayonet , which may well still shift POI.

Anything touching the barrel or mounted to it usually does wreak havoc on groups. Shoot a few, get your velocities, and don't care where they hit. Then shoot for grouping. Convenience has to cost you something, and there it is.

Anything you put on the end of a barrel will alter harmonics to some degree and thus POI.
Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 12.48.15 PM.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.