Defiance medium action (rem 700 SA) and Bainey box

Standard bottom metal. Yes, you do have to modify it to work with the Baney box

What bottom metal are you using for this?

I want to install a Baney box on a Rem 700 SA to shoot 215s long.
Bought a Hawkins Obendorf BDL and the Baney box will not fit it. Not sure if material can be milled out of the BM to make it work.

Thanks for any help.
This is stock 700 bottom metal and a Wyatt's 3.2 box, there's a little notch in the box where it mates against the metal to allow clearance, it rides on top of the hinge/spring. The stock box is black pictured below it.
3.2.jpg
3.22.jpg
3.222.jpg
3.2222.jpg

I've done the Bainey box install on 700s. The side bolt release set up may not have the same range of adjustment as the rem 700s. I'll wait on ordering the bottom metal and box until I get the action in hand and can verify.
Any experience installing one on a Mack Bro's EVO action? I have a 6.5 PRC Short Action I'd like to modify.

Thank you,

I have not worked with a Mack Bros action. There isn't much info on their website to know if their mag cut is for a 3" box. It looks like they use a trigger hanger which may reduce the available cut at the mag well. Sounds like you have it in hand. You could take measurements from the front of the mag box cut to the trigger hanger to see if there is enough room for the OD of a Bainey box. You would need to check the same measurement to the leading edge of the bolt when the bolt is back against the bolt release.